• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cameron Still Churning Battle Angel Rumor Mill

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo: I wish he lost the rights, so ADV could re-release the anime, and maybe co-produce a new series, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's just really that wishy-washy.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
Or maybe caught up so much in his own reality.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Y'know, i'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm willing to bet that Cameron has lost the rights to the film and is trying hard to get them back.

I'm willing to bet that even if he were to make the movie, I would not go see it because all he's doing is stalling for time.
That is a bad reason to not see what might be a good movie.

Sometimes good movies take time to make, to really think things through. It is better to do the thinking before production than when it starts because you are spending a lot of money every hour. And because you are spending money, and have a timetable, you are more likely to rush through a decision that will turn out for the worst.

I am not saying this is going to be a good movie, but it may turn out really good, maybe even great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tekwych

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Abarenbo: I wish he lost the rights, so ADV could re-release the anime, and maybe co-produce a new series, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's just really that wishy-washy.

They're separate licenses. The Anime is under different controls and requirements than live action. Both could come out at the same time, in fact it makes more sense as one can work off the publicity of the other. Look at the Spiderman film and the MTV animated Spiderman series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2