• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Gundam Work to Be Unveiled in June 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote
I think Gundam X needs to be completed more than any other existing series because they left out some material thanks to some bad decision making regarding its airing time slot.

All Gundam X has is the series and a sequel manga that pretty much doesn't add much if anything. I wanna see what happens with Garrod and Tiffa after all that's happened. And what's the full story of spoiler[DOME]? And all the events that happened before the start of the series would be a nice touch to making it fully complete.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
sainta wrote:

So a crazy killer? Anyway, how about Mobile Suit.... Gintama, wait no, better no

Not necessarily a crazy killer but a guy more like a super robot pilot.

I think there have been super robot pilots in most previous Gundam series. Heero was already a pro.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Seed is done. That Gundam silhouette doesn't really look like a design that would come from the Cosmic Era universe.

I expect a new installment. 00 had a good run, but it ended on a high note and everything that was originally meant to be told was told. Topping the movie would be tough.

I'm amused at the request for cramming 2D super robot character types into Gundam, which is essentially a request to completely miss the point and deliver an inferior version of Domon Kasshu from G in the process. Heh. No thanks!

Last edited by GWOtaku on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see a Gryps Conflict side story. Especially one concentrating on the Karaba group and what Amuro Ray was doing during Gundam ZZ.

If it's not UC, I don't know. Maybe another G Gundam series?

As long as it's not more CE. Ugh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
Where have all the Noa Izumis gone from anime?

The small hope I have is that this new Gundam project will debut a strong, capable female lead as its main focus. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that will actually happen. If it were to happen, my fear is that such a character would turn out to be mega-"moe" or hyper-sexualized; it's often either one extreme or the other, these days. ::sigh::
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
Seed is done. That Gundam silhouette doesn't really look like a design that would come from the Cosmic Era universe.

I expect a new installment. 00 had a good run, but it ended on a high note and everything that was originally meant to be told was told. Topping the movie would be tough.

I'm amused at the request for cramming 2D super robot character types into Gundam, which is essentially a request to completely miss the point and deliver an inferior version of Domon Kasshu from G in the process. Heh. No thanks!

Most Gundams have been Super Robots since G Gundam. I mean just look at Gundam 00 Raiser and tell me that's a realistic robot. The only thing keeping Setsuna from being a Super Robot pilot is that he doesn't scream attack names. One of the problems Gundam series have had is creating tension because the enemy mechas can't compete with the Gundams.

Domon Kasshu was one of the best main characters in Gundam history because he wasn't some teenager who didn't want to fight. He was a grown man, who while forced into the situation to redeem his father, enjoyed fighting his fellow pilots.

Just because a character is a Super robot pilot doesn't mean that his a shallow character, there are several characters in SRW that are well developed, Domon Kasshu is one of the best developed characters in the Gundam franchise, the cast of Gurren Lagann is fairly well developed as well. Yasuhiro Imagawa's Giant Robo is one of the greatest anime ever created. A show's quality is dependent on the writing not the genre.

Let's be blunt Gundam has been stuck in a rut for the past few series. How many times do we need a series created from cobbling together different ideas from previous Gundam series like Frankenstein's Monster? In Gundam 00 one of the defining features of the series (Trans-am) was based off of the Japanese version of a Chuck Norris joke.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
My comment was just about character types, I don't dispute the point about the relative power of Gundams or really worry about it much. Execution is everything when it comes to delivering a riveting action scene. I actually really like Domon. All I'm saying is, no, I don't want a Go Nagai hero in a Gundam show or anything like that.

Quote:
Let's be blunt Gundam has been stuck in a rut for the past few series.

Nah. 00 and Unicorn are generally everything that is right with the franchise. This is the direction to keep heading in.
Quote:

In Gundam 00 one of the defining features of the series (Trans-am) was based off of the Japanese version of a Chuck Norris joke.

Uh.....is there a source for this? This sounds too funny to be true.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
My comment was just about character types, I don't dispute the point about the relative power of Gundams or really worry about it much. The action

Quote:
Let's be blunt Gundam has been stuck in a rut for the past few series.

Nah. 00 and Unicorn are generally everything that is right with the franchise.
Quote:

In Gundam 00 one of the defining features of the series (Trans-am) was based off of the Japanese version of a Chuck Norris joke.

Uh.....is there a source for this? This sounds too funny to be true.

I probably should have said Japanese equivalent to a Chuck Norris Joke, as one of the main jokes about Char is that he makes everything three times faster, the Trans-am causes the Gundam to glow red and enhances attributes by three times.

The first season of Gundam 00 was fine and I really enjoyed it, but they simplified the entire world view to a ludicrous level in the second season by removing the question of morality that was found in the first season. I was offended by what I felt was Mizushima and Kuroda basically saying that the strong should decide how they world works. You can't create peace by force.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Well more Gundam is all ways good
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
*looks into magic ball*

My supernatural senses tell me it's going to star a group of angsty pretty boys and will spawn a ridiculous amount of BL doujinshi.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this insane speculation clearly shows us how none of us could possibly determine what this new project could be so I don't see the point in doing it.

What I can speculate on is what it will not be. Honestly I don't understand what you guys are thinking with some of your ideas...but I highly doubt it will have anything to do with Gundam SEED or Gundam 00. Those are done, there's really no reason to revisit those. Also, as some have mentioned, since we're already getting Unicorn I don't think it will really be a part of the UC timeline.

Regardless, I'm always up for some more Gundam so whatever it is I'm excited!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
streexanime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Would like to see a better ending/sequal to 00 rather than some Zeta Gundam and Macross Frontier mashup ending it had.

Hathaway's Flash maybe then? I heard about it but I would like to see it animated. Bright Noa needs more screen time Very Happy Or a better version of ZZ Gundam.

But in all honesty my top three are
1. G Gundam
2. Crossbone Gundam
3. Better ending for 00

Banken wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and say it.... G GUNDAM SEQUEL.

This very well has my attention
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
The Sunrise CEO said they wanted to do a G Gundam sequel but due to poor interest in Japan, they wouldn't.

But listen....

Guys and girls....

what if....

it's a G Generation anime?

Seriously, think about it. The initial announcement was around the time of G Gen World's release. Owakwara (sp?) mentioned in a twitter feed, "Universal Century perhaps?"

Also; Sunrise won't touch X with a twenty foot stick. We're lucky it's getting exposure. Although I wouldn't be suprised if it was G Gundam-esque and just straight up Super.

We've had Seed/ Seed Destiny which was a homage to 0079/ Zeta, We've had 00 S1 which was a Wing homage. ??? for G Gundam homage and ??? for Turn A.

Although I seriously want to see some sort of "Glory of the Undefeated" adaption someday.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
yea having main female lead gundam pilot protagonist tv series is still one thing to ask for give wonder what type she be from a kira yamato version, amuro version, lacus version now gundam pilot, or yet like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUXQzQVoUM (yea now that idea for real action female gundam pilot).

really if went with female lead yet wonder who to voice her like a female with gundam experience or female yet to voice gundam like ayako, mamiko, mai nakahara, etc (give i also if get dub please let Chantal Strand voice the female lead in it).

overall female lead so really one of top list to do give other is the gundam tv version of whole DECADE & gokaiger yea who want the biggest crossover ever from GS era, uc, wing, & that 00 all in same series.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm just hoping it will be awesome start an awesome finish. The last couple endings were so lame *I'm looking at you 00 and Destiny*

I'd like something new an exciting I liked the 00 universe setting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4