• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Rents Garden of Sinners on PlayStation Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote
Well...as much as a tease this is to us (SD 2ch ROFLCOPTER rental) I guess its a step towards something good. Maybe the next step will be some cheaply packaged Baccano! BD style boxset? No extra stuffs, no eighth disc, at a quarter of the price.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Well...as much as a tease this is to us (SD 2ch ROFLCOPTER rental) I guess its a step towards something good. Maybe the next step will be some cheaply packaged Baccano! BD style boxset? No extra stuffs, no eighth disc, at a quarter of the price.

I wouldn't mind missing the epilogue. It was utterly pointless, unnecessarily confusing and unimaginably boring, imo.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

I wouldn't mind missing the epilogue. It was utterly pointless, unnecessarily confusing and unimaginably boring, imo.

Meh, it was fun to hear Chris Patton chewing the scenery.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

Meh, it was fun to hear Chris Patton chewing the scenery.

Is there a pun...

OOOOH! Lol! Nonono, I was talking about Garden's epilogue, not Baccano's! Lol, hell no! I love Graham Specter, and I loved Patton chewing up every second as him. Anime hyper I read up the novel translations too, so for me anyway, Baccano's "epilogue" was nothing more than a tease towards even more badassery and chaos.
underlock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Well, who'udda thunked it. I think it's safe to say that Funimation just broke the laws of physics, along with clusterfucking all of space and time.

Go ask Funimation to license it for you then instead of whining endlessly.
kakitamike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
John Casey wrote:

I think I speak for just about everyone here who thinks logically. All I want is a reasonable release.

That's still subjective. What's reasonable to you may not be reasonable to someone else, and vice versa.
I'm just being logical. Smile

lol, anime fans with reasonable standards. Where's their forum? I want to start posting there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No, that'd be egoist. I beg you to quote somebody anywhere where they demanded a budget $30 set of this series. Not to mention, his sentence up there stated that anime for $30 is practically some sort of fantasy. You make it seem like it's something of inferior quality.

Misconstrue, reconstruct, misconstrue...give it a rest.
What eogist did was a satire of the entitlement issues of NA anime fans.
As for my comment, I was talking about price and the situations that qualify an anime for getting a SAVE release. Paranoia Agent qualifies for a SAVE release, I don't think there is anything inferior about that title.

Quote:
Reasonable? You mean standard definition video in 2.0 audio? Like hell.

Are you going to ask the people at Yi*** to get youa nice 1080 stream now? SD is a perfectly functional means of watching video and is equivalent to the folks who are watching anime in DVD. 2ch has been the standard audio quality for the Japanese tracks on R1 releases for ages. Getting ruffled up about the audio quality now seems a bit convenient.

Quote:
Cause you're about the only person having a problem with a cheaper release.

I never said or implied that in any of my KnK posts since the announcement of the BD collection.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
John Casey wrote:
Well, who'udda thunked it. I think it's safe to say that Funimation just broke the laws of physics, along with clusterfucking all of space and time.

Go ask Funimation to license it for you then instead of whining endlessly.

Did you even bother to read any of the last few posts?

kakitamike wrote:

lol, anime fans with reasonable standards. Where's their forum? I want to start posting there.

Anime Arcadia.
Maigraith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
It's nice that they released onto a rent platform, but it still does me no good since I don't have a playstation and have no interest in getting one anytime soon.
underlock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Sorry I don't like soapbox.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, if I had a PS that could hook to the internet, then I might take advantage of this.

Then again, considering all of the hulabaloo lately with compromised accounts, probably not. I wouldn't want my CC information on there.

John Casey wrote:
So you can piss away $400 dollars on an 8-disc anime set, while all over the world, children are starving, people are killing each other, and animals are closing in on extinction.

John Casey wrote:
Reasonable? You mean standard definition video in 2.0 audio? Like hell.

I chuckle at this. Apparently, you have a good enough tv and sound system where watching something in SD with 2.0 audio makes a difference. Perhaps you could sell off your entertainment equipment and donate all that money to help a worthy cause.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctorx0079

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I have never seen KnK but I enjoyed Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. I'm going to watch some KnK on my friend's PS3. Hopefully if this does well there will be a DVD release, and then if I like it I will buy that. I suspect this is the position of many of us non-Type-Moon-diehards. Now I can check out this KnK thing legally that I've been hearing so much about.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Then again, considering all of the hulabaloo lately with compromised accounts, probably not. I wouldn't want my CC information on there.

You can buy topup cards in stores using cash.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I chuckle at this. Apparently, you have a good enough tv and sound system where watching something in SD with 2.0 audio makes a difference. Perhaps you could sell off your entertainment equipment and donate all that money to help a worthy cause.
Is that the best comeback you can come up with? Really? Laughing

doctorx0079 wrote:
I have never seen KnK but I enjoyed Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. I'm going to watch some KnK on my friend's PS3. Hopefully if this does well there will be a DVD release, and then if I like it I will buy that. I suspect this is the position of many of us non-Type-Moon-diehards. Now I can check out this KnK thing legally that I've been hearing so much about.
Yeah, this is a great chance for people such as yourself. All this whining blows my mind.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote
underlock wrote:
John Casey wrote:

Sorry I don't like soapbox.

Well, then you're just baselessly bitching. Whining at somebody without even attempting to know what their argument is/was/will be.

willag wrote:

:< But I already donate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4