• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun Film's U.S. Theaters Partially Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quote
Darn Sad But the closest Theater that's showing it is 3 hours away.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote
The closest one for me is in Philly which is about 2 hours away from me, so I am trying to decide if I should go or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
July the 12th in Alexandria for D.C viewers.
And only for 1 day?!
Waa! I can't go. TT__TT (I have orientation that day)
I wished they had spread it for at least a week instead of a single day.
*sigh* I'll just wait for the DVD release.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
awww... no colorado springs damn. and i doubt it'll show up when they release the rest of the list, but i guess i can still hope for it.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote
Racheldoublemm wrote:
The 38 lines and the 22 goes right by it... >.>

You still have to walk a couple of blocks from the stop. MUNI doesn't go into Japantown. Besides, by the time you get there on the roundabout route that MUNI takes, you could have walked there. If the weather's good, save yourself the fee and the delightful experience of hanging out with crack addicts and bums that generally frequent the bus and walk the route. Just make sure you stay on the main street that takes you by the Asian Art museum. Heading down the side streets is not advisable in that area of town.

The only time I'll go to New People is when they bring Anime artists in. If I'm going to waste the $20 getting there, I'd like to walk home with some nice artwork.

And some goodies from Japanese market there. Mmm...Japanese corn soup.

Sure Meggido, I'll trade with you. It takes a good hour for me to get to the City on a subway train that's never cleaned, another half hour or so to get from the subway station to Japantown on a walk that'll bring you by the city's more unsavory sections. So, five hours in a comfy car listening to my favorite J pop songs versus two hours sitting and walking by filth. Yup...sounds like a good trade to me.
rti9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Vash is a wanted man and his presence draws bounty hunters looking to claim the $$300,000,000 reward on his head.

As stated on the picture of the article, the reward for capturing Vash is of $$60,000,000,000. Gasback is the one with the prize of $$300,000,000 for his head.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
This clears that up
I was looking at listings yesterday & saw Trigun, but it only listed running 30 minutes so obviously a typo.
It would be nice if it ran longer, but I remember a similar deal with the Bebop movie. I had to drive down to an arthouse theater which is old & uncleanable. (I swear it reminds me of the shots of '50's theaters)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
So, five hours in a comfy car listening to my favorite J pop songs versus two hours sitting and walking by filth. Yup...sounds like a good trade to me.

You can't just stay at the theater though, you gotta get back home. So you're looking at a 10 hour drive vs 4 hours sitting and walking by filth.

Considering bus fare is going to be way less than what I spend on refilling my car, I'll take that in a heartbeat.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn! St. Anthony Main! Sure, it's in the sketchy, waaaaay-in-the-back theater, but I won't complain. Very much.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Indianapolis!!

Hailing from Lafayette with folks who live in Noblesville, this is a perfect opportunity for a visit.

YEAH, and the dub will be showing!

Too bad it's two weeks after Gen Con. That would have been a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Hooray?
ShaolinWolf wrote:
The theater listed as "D.C" is actually in Alexandria, VA.

... And one-night only
... And sub-only
... And eight-blocks from the metro (and per their site, not one of the nights where the circulator bus is running)

Urge to submit Bethesda as a site rising... rising...
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:25 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Racheldoublemm wrote:
The 38 lines and the 22 goes right by it... >.>

You still have to walk a couple of blocks from the stop. MUNI doesn't go into Japantown. Besides, by the time you get there on the roundabout route that MUNI takes, you could have walked there. If the weather's good, save yourself the fee and the delightful experience of hanging out with crack addicts and bums that generally frequent the bus and walk the route. Just make sure you stay on the main street that takes you by the Asian Art museum. Heading down the side streets is not advisable in that area of town.

Sure Meggido, I'll trade with you. It takes a good hour for me to get to the City on a subway train that's never cleaned, another half hour or so to get from the subway station to Japantown on a walk that'll bring you by the city's more unsavory sections. So, five hours in a comfy car listening to my favorite J pop songs versus two hours sitting and walking by filth. Yup...sounds like a good trade to me.

It's a one minute walk from the intersecting stop and not that bad of a ride in the afternoon. (which is why I'm glad there's 1 and 3pm showings in broad daylight)

I'm guessing you take Bart in to downtown and then the bus or tram then bus from there. From that point of view it's not that great of a ride. I don't drive and I live in Sunset; it's a 45 minute ride for me and I will go on a whim.
The Geary buses (38 lines) are always crowed, though. However, taking the J or N to church and then catching the 22 is a nice ride on a weekday. (and I use Clipper, so it's like $2 a day for me)

Yeah, the trasit system is messy and not always ideal, but that's the way it's gotta be for every major city and many citizens rely on the system. I couldn't live here if I didn't have it.

(personally, driving terrifies me which is why I kind of love the trasit, system even on bad days. If there's an accident I know I'll never be at fault for it.)

I probably won't end up seeing this one, though. A plain showing in a room with too many people, heads blocking the subtitles, and too much for a movie ticket doesn't really sound that appealing.... I'm not really a Trigun fan either... I dunno.
Gwydion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
SpeedyDee wrote:
Well I demanded it along with convincing a small group of friends to bring it to Cleveland

If I had ANY friends that liked anime, I would do the same, lol. But I am glad it's at least in Cleveland so it's not crazy far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2