Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Haganai Film's Kobato, Maria Actresses Unveiled




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Utsuro no Hako



Joined: 18 May 2012
Posts: 1010
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
There's something really disturbing about seeing a loli character played by a real little girl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FenixFiesta



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2581
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
It is strange how inconsistent they decided to be with say making the male lead bleach his hair and wear contacts... and completely forget that the sister is also supposed to have blond hair and blue eyes... and pretty much Sena is also half and she doesn't just have "anime hair" and she too is also a blond haired girl.

If you aren't going to bother with the extra details, why even bother having the male lead look unnecessarily silly by bleaching his hair and putting contacts on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Splitter



Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 1276
Location: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Best case scenario: One of the best "worst" movies ever made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3514
Location: earth
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is strange how inconsistent they decided to be with say making the male lead bleach his hair and wear contacts... and completely forget that the sister is also supposed to have blond hair and blue eyes... and pretty much Sena is also half and she doesn't just have "anime hair" and she too is also a blond haired girl.

If you aren't going to bother with the extra details, why even bother having the male lead look unnecessarily silly by bleaching his hair and putting contacts on.


why is that strange? Unless you don't care about the child law in Japan. That girl is 13 years old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FenixFiesta



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2581
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is strange how inconsistent they decided to be with say making the male lead bleach his hair and wear contacts... and completely forget that the sister is also supposed to have blond hair and blue eyes... and pretty much Sena is also half and she doesn't just have "anime hair" and she too is also a blond haired girl.

If you aren't going to bother with the extra details, why even bother having the male lead look unnecessarily silly by bleaching his hair and putting contacts on.


why is that strange? Unless you don't care about the child law in Japan. That girl is 13 years old.

I don't see what child labor laws have to do with putting a blond colored wig on a girl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2106
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is strange how inconsistent they decided to be with say making the male lead bleach his hair and wear contacts... and completely forget that the sister is also supposed to have blond hair and blue eyes... and pretty much Sena is also half and she doesn't just have "anime hair" and she too is also a blond haired girl.

If you aren't going to bother with the extra details, why even bother having the male lead look unnecessarily silly by bleaching his hair and putting contacts on.


why is that strange? Unless you don't care about the child law in Japan. That girl is 13 years old.

I don't see what child labor laws have to do with putting a blond colored wig on a girl.


Agreed. And also the bangs really irritate me. Or lack of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SquadmemberRitsu



Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 1391
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
Sena looks okay. Everyone else looks awful. I can't see this turning out well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AmuroNT1



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 am Reply with quote
The thing that really gets me is, it's a core part of Kodaka's character that he has a really fierce-looking face...and they cast Koji Seto, who is just about the textbook definition of "babyface". He couldn't pull off a threatening glare if you drowned his kitten. And yes, he's tried it before; late in Kamen Rider Kiva, his character Wataru becomes such a badass that he can scare off monsters just by glaring him. It wasn't convincing.

Mind, I'm not saying he's a bad actor, far from it. Just that, the distance between Koji and a scary face is roughly equal to the distance between Earth and the Horsehead Nebula.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Echo_City



Joined: 03 Apr 2011
Posts: 1236
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
This looks horrible.

I didn't even recognize that the one girl was supposed to be the little sister at first. I agree that Kodaka has a babyface: he has a less intimidating visage than does Justin Bieber.

Once again I think we're seeing why, as Outbreak Company asserted, the #1 cultural export of Japan is their anime and manga. If they were to show this to the elf-aliens in Outbreak Company they'd lose all respect for the Japanese. If they were to show them this after showing them the Haganai anime then I'm betting that they'd launch a full-scale invasion of Japan in response.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Khooni



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 99
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
heh these news may one day force me to give up watching anime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
BOMHAT



Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
kodaka is damn attractive. however, this doesnt really play into his scary delinquent yankee character. if they wanted to make him look like a yankee they shouldve done a warmer tone. at first i was angry that sena wasnt a blonde blue eyed bishoujo but the more i thought about it the more sense it made for her to be gyaru. it totally works with her character. this is going to be a shitty movie but you know what ill watch it anyways
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group