• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump Manga Browser and VIZ for iPad

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone else here tried the Shonen Jump Manga Browser application for Microsoft Windows. I did, per the advice of the 'Read Manga Online' thread in this forum, which recommends legal links for lawful manga readership. When I did however, and read through a chapter of Mysterious Story Ikkyu Hanasaka. Admittedly, I wasn't familiar with the series. Regardless, once I read through, it deleted the .sva file that the manga was read from.

I'm under the impression that means that users are not intended to keep the files?

Speaking of digitally distributed manga, has anyone tried Viz Media's Apple iPhone/iPad release of Naruto and other Viz localized manga? I don't own either type of device, but if it were available beyond those devices I'd be very happy to purchase it in such a way. I was almost wondering if there's a way to acquire it in a format readable on PC or from an eReader device. I own a Barnes and Noble Nook.

However, I am totally unwilling to break the law.

Thank you.
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
VIZ's http://www.shonensunday.com and http://www.sigikki.com sites are quite nice- they're flash based, so you should be able to read the manga chapters hosted on them pretty easily with most devices.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me, I mean no offense at all but I believe you misunderstood what I was asking. I love the Shonen Sunday and Sig Ikki websites; indeed, it was your post in the Read Manga Online thread that turned me onto them, Paploo. I was asking why the Shonen Jump Manga Browser application, which works with the actual Shonenjump.com website, deletes the file you feed into it once you've read it. I was under the impression that was an indication you were not intended to hold onto the file.

I really am sorry!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1