• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon's 2nd TV Anime Series to Premiere This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
Now, Log Horizon's director Shinji Ishihira is great at getting every scrap of source material he can for content. However, he's returning to directing Fairy Tail this spring, which stands a high chance of running for a year at minimum. So he'll likely be unavailable to direct Log Horizon season 2.

Damn. He did a good job with the adaptation of season one.

GrayArchon wrote:
All told, unless the author manages to rush out a couple more books between now and fall, you're looking at either a one cour season, drastically slowed pacing, or lots of filler.

Double damn. I'd take a one cour season over lots of filler, but that's still a downer.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
SAO is only doing Phantom Bulet right now but if the decide to do a second half Log Horizon and SAO might be competing with eachother for a bit. That will be interesting. Not to mention all of the Mecha series popping up to challange the "Gundam Reconguista in G" anime this fall. Then we also have Psycho Pass 2 coming out.

Fall season should be pretty fun.

They have only announced Phantom Bullet for SAO, doesn't mean they won't do two cours and transition into the next phase.

There is no competition between SAO and LH, SAO kills it in sales. The only reason Log Horizon is (thankfully) getting a sequel is because it's on NHK. They are a public broadcasting that have quota's to fill and don't really give a shit about bluray sales, see Phi Brain getting 3 seasons.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
Instinctz wrote:
Okarus wrote:
I hated the anime Shocked

how could you hate this anime? it did everything right that its predecessors did wrong.

While I agree with that, it also did everything wrong its predecessors did right...

Log Horizon did really well to carve out its own niche. I was pleasantly surprised by it and will tune in for the second season. That said, while it's certainly more technically sound than SAO, it lacks the direction and gravity. I still prefer SAO, but I can understand why some prefer Log Horizon as a more easy going alternative more faithful to the MMO genre.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4