• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Musume TV Anime's Cast, Staff Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I can't say I'm too surprised by the choice of director for this series. And also... Sora Amamiya, she sure has gotten quite a lot of prominent roles in the past year ever since Akame ga Kill!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hmm, I can't say I'm too surprised by the choice of director for this series. And also... Sora Amamiya, she sure has gotten quite a lot of prominent roles in the past year ever since Akame ga Kill!

I'm pretty sure her role as Touka Kirishima in Tokyo Ghoul (Which aired alongside Akame ga Kill!) would have given her some attention as well.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
I admit this is going to sound silly and that's probably what it is but my hope for "Monster Musume" is that it'll be set in the United States. You'd have all the goofy monsters and stuff,why not set it in this country?
Mizerous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I admit this is going to sound silly and that's probably what it is but my hope for "Monster Musume" is that it'll be set in the United States. You'd have all the goofy monsters and stuff,why not set it in this country?

It's not murican show full of murican humor or murican stuff :V
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:20 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

But then the "good thing there was an American truck nearby!" gag is so much less effective :/
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
More harem for me to enjoy.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
Yay. I cannot wait. Woot woot. Raise the roof.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

It's in the U.S.? I didn't even know that. Not sure if it'll actually have a lot of 'Murica in it though. Guns and Bacon anyone?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Snomaster1 wrote:

It's in the U.S.? I didn't even know that. Not sure if it'll actually have a lot of 'Murica in it though. Guns and Bacon anyone?

No, it's set in Japan. Plus I have no idea what would be the logic of setting in the US.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
The America thing is just some weird obsession that poster has. The chance of it being set in the US is pretty much close to zero.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
I've read the responses to my post. You guys say that it's unlikely that "Monster Musume" will be set in America. That may be true but before pooh-poohing what I said,consider this. There was a manga called "Legendz" which I've read. It was set in Japan. In the anime version of this one,it was set in New York. Also,"Sonic X" was set on a world that looked a lot like Earth. Much of the show was set in a faux-America setting. So don't be surprised if they do this. They may have many of the same characters but may change the setting. Something to consider,eh?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
Prepare yer mops, lads and lasses, 'cause that steam is gonna be everywhere
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
I like the Manga, but like a lot of them it's going slow in the books coming out. Properly 12 episode jaunt.

Frankly, i wonder how well it will do in English language. This is pretty close to adult stuff in way things are handled in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1