• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Musume (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
This finale left a very nice taste in my mouth. I'll miss this show.

Despite being episodic and a relatively typical harem show in its core, I found Monster Musume to be a fun show. I don't remember it having a boring episode so it was very consistent. Eventhough it had a large cast everyone was likable. I found the fanservice a bit too excessive at times for my tastes, but it wasn't anything too distracting.

All in all a fun show. Out of the shows I followed this season, Monster Musume was one of my favourites. I really hopy it gets a 2nd season. I'll give it a good rating.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I found the fanservice a bit too excessive at times for my tastes

Stay away from the Blu Rays, then. Nipples galore!
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't think nipples would make it all that much worse though. Even with its ridiculously heavy censoring, I thought the fanservice in The Testament of Sister New Devil was a bit too excessive as well. I don't mind seeing nipples, it's when heavy petting comes into play for no apparent reason where I'm starting to find the fanservice a bit icky. Like I'm watching girls being molested by a slime and having orgasms. I could appreciate some of the fanservice, but it did get too ridiculous at times.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I liked this as a last episode. We got a fake out plot that allowed us to focus on all the girls, how they can unintentional dangers, although mean well. Nice cap off with Lala being mostly just a chuunibyou, and that he too was one in the past, well he is super open minded that it seems normal to him.

And the second half with the day to day. Honestly I thought that he would be getting money for meals the entire time, it only makes sense that they would allow that. Always find it silly when people call out the idea of a Mermaid being offended by fish being eaten as cannibalism, or a bird person with chicken. Of course Mermaid eat fish, and why wouldn't a "bird" eat a smaller and different bird. But it did well to show people getting along with the monster girls instead of gawking at them, that hey they are still people. And some little information like tastes. The first half too had stuff like that apparently Papi has trouble seeing in the dark.

In summary of the series, I really quite enjoyed it. If you are going to have a crazy kind of ecchi harem series, having it with monster girls that go beyond just cat ears really makes it interesting. All the characters were interesting, and a really novel concept. At heart kind of a story of not judging someone based just on how they look, which really is kind of odd when you are doing an ecchi series meant to market pretty girls. But these girls include things like the lower halves of some animal. I give a rating of Very good, would be totally up for more or if this was the trend for something.

Extra point that I quite like both the OP and ED.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10