• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Adds 2011 Hunter x Hunter Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means it can get it on Toonami at least mid-2016.

Last edited by KidOblivion on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quote
If Viz is dubbing it, then they better cast Steve Blum as Hisoka (or Troy Baker).
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Totally overjoyed, the only thing that would make me happier is if they threw in the first Hunter X Hunter OVA in there for the old time fans. I don't care about the Greed Island ones, they are poor, but the 1999 and OVA's version of Yorknew is a masterpiece I'd say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadow9x20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy about this since I live the HxH series but this makes me wonder whether or not this will inspire Togashi to finally start writing more chapters
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I dare them to use Blue Water again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Angel M Cazares

I am happy for those who wanted a physical release of HxH. Let's hope Viz does not do another dick move by just releasing the first 15 episodes (like the bastards did with Monster).
FreshIngredient

Who I'd like to see for (some) of the english cast

Cathy Weseluck could either Kurapika or Killua
Sonny Strait or Eric Vale for Leorio
Crispen Freeman for Chrolo
Kirk Thornton as Ilumi & Doug Erholtz as Hisoka
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
If Viz is dubbing it, then they better cast Steve Blum as Hisoka (or Troy Baker).

considering this same company went to Canada for the first adaptation they'll probably do the same for this one
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
KidOblivion wrote:
Hopefully this means it can get on Toonami at least mid-2016.
both Toonami and Adult swim aired Yu yu Hakusho back in the day so why not air it's successor?, the Toonami guys have been wanting to air Hunter for awhile it seems
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Steve Blum maybe. But Troy Baker in an anime series in 2015? Sorry, that's just not happening.

theNightster wrote:
considering this same company went to Canada for the first adaptation they'll probably do the same for this one
It's far more likely that they won't. They rarely ever do English anime dubs in Canada these days.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Much to the dismay of people looking for some variety in voice acting, Viz hasn't produced a dub in Canada since InuYasha: The Final Act. If they were willing to completely recast Sailor Moon with LA talent, they'll probably do the same here.
Blue21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
To dub a non-kids show that's over 100 episodes with no real promise of it being aired on TV is quite an undertaking.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Much to the dismay of people looking for some variety in voice acting, Viz hasn't produced a dub in Canada since InuYasha: The Final Act. If they were willing to completely recast Sailor Moon with LA talent, they'll probably do the same here.

Yeah I noticed that I think Inuyasha was the most recent Ocean production in a while, wonder if they will get any work again at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I'm glad it'll likely be a LA dub. While I do wish Canada would do more dubs for variety, I'd rather a decent-to-good LA dub than a poor Canadian dub like the 1999 series got.

In any case, looking forward to owning this! It'll be fun rewatching this dubbed and hopefully we can see it on Toonami eventually.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Wait so does this mean they will be releasing dvd/blu ray dubbed episodes all at the same time or spread them out?, if so then i will gladly pay because i loved the original and couldn't get into the subbed 2011 version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6