• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sun & Moon's Topless Pokemon Professor Has Fans Hot & Bothered

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
:< My Tumblr isn't blowing up with enough Pokemon bara and kinniku now. Evil or Very Mad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
It's feeling more like Hawaii already, seriously those offended, most likely have never been to the beach and should go. It's like they can't take a strong, fit body being shown.
Guile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Kotaku that site that regularly complains about sexualization of women in video games? Why are they encouraging sexualization of men - isn't it a bit hypocritical
FtKaru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Guile wrote:
Isn't Kotaku that site that regularly complains about sexualization of women in video games? Why are they encouraging sexualization of men - isn't it a bit hypocritical

That's just how Patricia Hernandez and Kotaku operate.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Guile wrote:

Isn't the fact that people are extremely butthurt over the fact that he's not covering his pecs and abs along the same lines of sexualization of women? In other words, the "people" butthurt are reacting to it partly because it's not a woman when in reality they'd rather it be a woman who is almost naked. It makes sense if you believe that's all Kotaku goes for, not that I would know or care though. It's enlightening fact that people are getting butthurt over the fact that he's in the franchise and showing off his muscles. Twisted Evil

And absolutely delicious.

Although I'm more for Lt. Surge bara than him honestly.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Yaoi fangirls are the most annoying people on the internet. ESPECIALLY the ones that ship crack/not canon pairings. How delusional can you get?

Your pain and suffering, it's so sweet and OMAIBOZU! Twisted Evil LOLOLOL

Lmao

That's amazing. I definitely don't mind the look of this new prof. but it's still hella funny how the internet has latched onto him.

Cannot wait for Sun and Moon!
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Isn't the fact that people are extremely butthurt over the fact that he's not covering his pecs and abs along the same lines of sexualization of women? .

I don't see anyone in this thread saying he needs to put clothes on, just people pointing out how Nintendo would have censored this in America if it was a woman. Given all the censorship information been getting about #FE's Western release it probably stings even more at the double standard.

As far as Kukui goes, it's a bit surprising to hear Tumblr going crazy over him. He seems more like a guy bara fans would go after instead of Yaoi fangirls. Looking at his pixiv page, ignoring the American pictures, the only Japanese pictures I've seen were by a bara artist. Guess it's a cultural difference. I'm more surprised they kept his Japanese name more than anything else.

-Stuart Smith
kaorv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
lol he really does have an attractive design, doesn't he. i can't actually pick between him or lilly as my favorite...
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
I'm not liking this Kukui character at all but not because he has his shirt off and is showing off his abs for all the world to see no it's because he doesn't even look like a professor of any sort he looks more like the kind of guy that kicked the real professors butt and then stole his lab coat seriously he just looks more like a professional surfer then an expert on Pokémon.
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Yaoi fangirls are the most annoying people on the internet. ESPECIALLY the ones that ship crack/not canon pairings. How delusional can you get?
I'm going to haft to disagree with you on that one from my experience Bronies arguing that there pony is the best are the most annoying people on the Internet it's like they never even bothered to learn anything from watching the show a show that's all about friendship and kindness not putting one pony against the other in nonsensical ways. However I will say that Yaoi fan girls are the second most annoying people on the Internet. The Internet you can't live with it and you can't live without it. Rolling Eyes
kaorv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
Though I hope the people on here know that a flat chest is much more acceptable than a full one in terms of nudity in society! That's why Nintendo didn't change it.

And god, did you SEE some of those character sprites for female trainer NPCs in ORAS? The battle girl's crotch is in your face! A lot of love for "sexy" male characters in video games etc. recently was because in the recent, recent past there were hardly any video games that appealed to those who like men sexually, and it was much harder to be open about it. It's good that people can be more open about what they like now!

Last edited by kaorv on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
Funny how nobody is looking down on the sexualization of a man but when it's a woman then oh boy...
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Is there just no dress code for professors in the Pokemon world or what? If it was a woman she would have been sent straight home to change or suspended from her job!
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Funny how nobody is looking down on the sexualization of a man but when it's a woman then oh boy...

Twisted Evil You do realize this and all kinds of sexualization of men is a drop in the ocean compared to sexualization of women correct? Putting aside the moral compass, it's pretty obvious who MOST of the people are that are opposed to a bare chested, arguably handsome man showing his chest muscles. Rolling Eyes
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
Sobe wrote:
Isn't the fact that people are extremely butthurt over the fact that he's not covering his pecs and abs along the same lines of sexualization of women? .

I don't see anyone in this thread saying he needs to put clothes on...

Neither do I. My statement was in regards to someone speaking about Kotaku and what they normally post. Rolling Eyes
tsukumo.yuma.98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
Woah surfer dude professor, don't get why anyone is hot and bothered about it or even why anyone is trying to sexualize it ether, but if he if like a surfer dude or a hippie, that would be awesome!

As for the comments saying it wouldn't fly if it was a woman, I wouldn't mind if the professor was a surfer girl in a swim suit ether.
(Though that could be because I know of some professors that are like that, have swim suit on and when works over run outside onto the beach)
I mean seriously its pokemon.

One thing this is leaning me to belive is, that this game is set in hawaii or jamaica, I could be wrong though.[/b]

Last edited by tsukumo.yuma.98 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5