• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:27 am Reply with quote
Now, all we need is One Piece to end, and all of the Big Three manga would have ended. However, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
Well after reading the latest chapter, and without spoiling anything, I kinda feel like what was the point of Kubo spending all that time to show off a few certain fights if he was just gonna cut them short, pretty much making the outcome invalid? Makes me think he wrote himself into a corner with the whole Gerard fight and needed a way to have him defeated. It feels like he decided to start rushing things for some reason, although I can expect a confrontation between Yhwach and Aizen in the near future. I don't know exactly how many chapters are gonna be left, but there's still quite a lot of unexplained material and a few bankais that haven't been shown. It's gonna be really silly if the story ends and certain things go unanswered or unexplained. Still some certain characters who we haven't seen onscreen for quite some time now who are either just chilling out in the negative space of the paper somewhere, or were killed off screen without any sort of confirmation of having done so. Maybe we'll see Komamura again since things are shifting back down to Soul Society from the looks of it.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
This week, Yhwach did the same stupid decision Aizen did. spoiler[Getting rid of his strong henchman even if they were doing fine. Come on, there was no way to kill Gerard, and Yhwach just did that. Very convenient, since Byakuya and Hitsugaya can't defeat Gerard in anyway. Makes me wonder if Haschwalth and Ishida are dead as well.]
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
I suspect it will be nearing its conclusion years from now.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
This week, Yhwach did the same stupid decision Aizen did. spoiler[Getting rid of his strong henchman even if they were doing fine. Come on, there was no way to kill Gerard, and Yhwach just did that. Very convenient, since Byakuya and Hitsugaya can't defeat Gerard in anyway. Makes me wonder if Haschwalth and Ishida are dead as well.]

You know what would have been funny involving Gerard?

spoiler[He falls down from the Royal Realm, everyone freaks out like they're about to get squashed to death, Aizen death beams him and blows his body to smithereens mid fall, then destroys the quincy cross that was apparently allowing him to continuously revive. But like before, Gerard can just grow wings and fly around if need be, so that kinda makes it pointless. Then again, that makes for a much more amusing turn of events than just having him stripped of his power and life by Yhwach. I guess there's not much else that could have been done there? The whole Gerard fight just seems pointless now other than the only reason for it happening was to show off the powers of Gerard himself, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya, and Byakuya. The point it got to made it pretty apparent that the fight was leading to nowhere fast, so I guess Kubo literally had to go and pull the plug on things.]
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
I gotta agree with others that I laughed when I saw this headline. As noted in the article, Kubo announced "final arc" FOUR YEARS ago. One Piece recently finished it's longest arc to date, and THAT arc isn't nearly as old or as long as the "final" arc of Bleach. I'm not gonna be surprised if there's news of "no seriously guys, its really, REALLY almost near the end now" in two years.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
This is one manga that should've ended a long time ago.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
'nears ending'

So in Kubo time, that's about 4 years of weekly chapters.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
For everyone speculating about "ending on chapter 700", BLEACH 680 is, in actuality, BLEACH 695. There are fifteen "full-length" negative chapters. -17, -12.5, -16, and -108 through -97, which is the Turn Back the Pendulum arc.

And then, there's a few side chapters of varying lengths, but I'm not 100% certain they are counted towards the official chapter count. I'm basing this on the fact Kubo was given a golden statue of Kon for achieving 600 chapters... when Chapter 585 was released.

Last edited by Nonaka Machine Gun B on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
Now, all we need is One Piece to end, and all of the Big Three manga would have ended. However, that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Come back and say that when One Piece is on chapter 1200, then we'll probably have an idea when the series is going to end.

Bleach has been "ending" for the past two years now, so what difference should this announcement make? While I do hate how the series has deteriorated, I've come this far and should make a concerted effort to see it through to the end. And with it, a pinch of salt. I'm not surprised at anything that happens in it anymore, but find myself more entertained by those fans who get disappointed about any plot that Kubo builds up only to tear it down the next chapter. And frankly, I think EVERYBODY, including Kubo, is going to be glad when the series is finished. A rather disappointing end to what was one of the better shonen series out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Bleach may be nearing its end, but I have a feeling that they'll be more of it after its last arc...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
Considering how much of a train wreck Bleach has become to the point the adaptation was cancelled, I'm honestly surprised that we hadn't gotten the last call sooner. Hell, this very website had an article about Bleach's rapid quality decline.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:

I doubt One Piece will end any time this century.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I've been saying Bleach will end this year for months. It's the 15th anniversary and 15 is an important number in Bleach (Ichigo's name, Ichigo's birthday and his age at the start of the series, Kubo loves making word plays with it). I don't think the story will wrap up before August, but i certainly expect it to be over by December (maybe they'll reach 700 chapters like Naruto?) It's sad that we're in July already and WSJ is STILL not giving Bleach any color pages or special promotions for the 15th anniversary. Even Nisekoi got a color page recently, even though it ranks around the same bottom 5 and sells half as much as Bleach does. WSJ's thankless attitudes to one of its flagship franchises never ceases to frustrate me.

But what has Kubo and Bleach done for them lately.
vision33r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
The possibly one of the worst ending arcs with absurd amounts of death revivals equivalent to wack a mole game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6