• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Dub, Release Anime on BD/DVD

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean Crunchyroll will have their own VA instead of the usuals from Funi,Viz, and Sentai. The more dubbed anime the better for me since i am pro dub.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
@Aura Ichadora

Crunchy has already dubbed free! S1 they did it awhile ago it's just been streaming only. They used the same cast as Funi just without the "dude speak" that some people didn't like in funi's S2 dub.
Oh, really? I didn't know this... I have friends that are into Free! but none of them had mentioned that there was a dub for S1. We all knew of the dub for S2 (I think one of them bought the set for it, but unsure; I never seen it nor can I stream anything without risking our internet being throttled by the end of the month).

Well, then cool for that!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
So how did CR steal Gintama away from Sentai? Or did Sentai just have the one movie?

Sentai had the first 49-51 episodes as well as the first movie. It didn't work out for them, iirc.
nagpo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
How the hell are they going to dub gintama? How are they going to put the first series on blu-ray?

I want gintama physically sure, but I don't really like crunchyrolls business/subbing practices.

Last edited by nagpo on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
macattack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
So does this mean Crunchyroll will have their own VA instead of the usuals from Funi,Viz, and Sentai. The more dubbed anime the better for me since i am pro dub.

Likely they're going to dub in LA, Ocean in Canada, and, if they liked what Sabat's studio did for Free! Season One, they'll commission Okra-Tron for work too.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Now if they would offer free shipping to their Canadian premium members I'd be more excited!
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Why are people acting like CR is some sort of closely guarded secret from the other anime companies that we've been hiding in a cave somewhere? I assure you they've all been well aware of CR since before they started doing legal streams.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this is only a small handful of titles and there's no telling how long it'll take for them to even be released. They're far from instantly being the number 2 company, I don't know why anyone would say that, they aren't even on VIZ's level yet.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Hoping that they do konosuba, schwarzesmarken, and aokana.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Since theyre in Cali (LA and San fran specifically) theyll mostly use the actors from aniplex and viz so like Max mittleman, kira buckland, bryce p, todd haberkorn, cristina vee, etc...
Cosmic Luffy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Likely they're going to dub in LA, Ocean in Canada, and, if they liked what Sabat's studio did for Free! Season One, they'll commission Okra-Tron for work too.

i'm hoping they let ones that were teamed up with FUNImation like Bones let Okra-tron 500 handle the dubs.
Animelvr2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it's possible for Sentai and Crunchyroll to merge. Since people are saying Sentai is going to take a hit and most of their catalog is on Crunchyroll. I hope the best for all anime companies though.
Cosmic Luffy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Since theyre in Cali (LA and San fran specifically) theyll mostly use the actors from aniplex and viz so like Max mittleman, kira buckland, bryce p, todd haberkorn, cristina vee, etc...

i hope they dub in other Regions because honestly i feel like LA has owned enough industries. infact, why not share the works to Canada considering they never dubbed anything in years.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
Sentai's the one taking the low blow from this. 75% of Sentai's catalog if not more started out as a Crunchyroll stream. Now most if not all of that is going to be locked up and Sentai's streaming game (The Anime Network) isn't up to the level of CR's or FUNi's. They're going to hurt from this, and the ramifications likely won't be known for another year or two.

I bet that's why Sentai has recently started having Hulu-exclusive series.

Emerje wrote:
Why are people acting like CR is some sort of closely guarded secret from the other anime companies that we've been hiding in a cave somewhere? I assure you they've all been well aware of CR since before they started doing legal streams.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this is only a small handful of titles and there's no telling how long it'll take for them to even be released. They're far from instantly being the number 2 company, I don't know why anyone would say that, they aren't even on VIZ's level yet.

Emerje

People may be thinking that this means CR will be getting the physical rights to all their streaming series. Which they're not.
Cosmic Luffy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Animelvr2 wrote:
I wonder if it's possible for Sentai and Crunchyroll to merge. Since people are saying Sentai is going to take a hit and most of their catalog is on Crunchyroll. I hope the best for all anime companies though.

i wonder if it'll be an opportunity for them to dub the animes they have.
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I hope to hear some Ocean Group in some of these dubs. I really miss them, they're really good voice actors up there and its sad I don't get to hear them as much as i'd like.

as for Gintama I hope they use Sentai to dub, I really liked the voice actor picks for the characters. but if not c'est la vie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12