• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaccide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
I guess this season was really just setup for the next one. I mean, does anyone doubt at this point that they're going to finish the first main arc of the books now when there's only one volume left? It will only take one short season to do it, and this last episode shows their intent even if it's not an announcement. I can forgive the speed with which they went through these last events if that's true.

I've come to find Hermes or Hilmes or whatever you want to call him to be the best character in the books. He's multi-faceted and sympathetic despite the horrible things he's also done. He's basically a human in a world of tropes.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I've begun to realize that Hermes feels far more sympathetic and human than Arslan does.

#hermessenki
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:33 am Reply with quote
"Heh heh, I'm skimming off the donations! No one can stop me! As long as they remain devout, I'm forever rich! Everybody's so stupid not to see what I'm doing! Gah, someone's coming!!" Whoa dude, déjà vu all over again.

How do you burn down a fortress made of stone? Sure there are things in it that would burn, but nothing to stop someone coming in, doing their ServiceMaster™ thing, and redecorating.

Hermes Hilmes Silver Mask is supposed to be this amazing swordsman second only to possibly Daryun, and yet he still somehow manages to avoid killing Bodin. smh Speaking of Silver Mask, what became of his pet wizard? Is he only able to seep out of the ground when SM is fighting Daryun?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
As I feared, it ended just one novel away from what would have been the ideal stopping point if they did an actual second season instead of this rushed mini series. I wonder if we can at least hope for another mini series next year to wrap up this portion of the story.

And I wish I could sympathize with Hilmes like you guys do, because this seems to be the author's intention, but I just can't stand Yuuki Kaji's growling. He's great at voicing teenage heroes, but I think he's terribly miscast in this role.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Hermes Hilmes Silver Mask is supposed to be this amazing swordsman second only to possibly Daryun, and yet he still somehow manages to avoid killing Bodin.

Yeah, I was cracking up in this scene - totally unnecessary cliche, and completely inconsistent with both SM's violent character and narratively established skill. The show'd be way better with the one-dimensional cult leader slain and pushed aside.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
this is one odd series..

so the characters ended up at the same point they were again of season 1 Rolling Eyes

marching toward the capital..

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Australian JRPG Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see another season also.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
this is odd. is this really REALLY the last episode of dust storm dance?

cause the first season ended with 25 episodes. if it really ended with only 8 episodes for this one, that really dont bode well for the series AT ALL. its more than likely it was secretly canceled and if that is the case i'm afraid that this series will fall in a long line of anime series where you will have to read the original source materials to continue with the storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scubasteve28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
this is odd. is this really REALLY the last episode of dust storm dance?

cause the first season ended with 25 episodes. if it really ended with only 8 episodes for this one, that really dont bode well for the series AT ALL. its more than likely it was secretly canceled and if that is the case i'm afraid that this series will fall in a long line of anime series where you will have to read the original source materials to continue with the storyline.

I really hope the series continues, I can't believe this season was only 8 episodes, it possible due to the such short season that s3 will come sooner?
nubguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
The show was intended to be 8 episodes long, most likely because they ran into budget issues for the first season since it was 25 episodes long. They probably are doing shorter seasons now so they can keep the show going longer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4