• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion's Studio Turns 'Dragon Dentist' Short Into Its 1st TV Special

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Never_Know_Best wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
@Sam Murai, most interesting comment here. Unfortunately, you are likely the only person in this universe who knows what you are trying to communicate. Please try again after the effects wear off...

I understood him perfectly well; he's anticipating more Animator Expo short expansions, as am I. Or do you just find it so difficult to believe people enjoyed any of those? Either way, your comment is frankly the most baffling one here--everyone encounters posts and threads on an anime forum they aren't totally clued in on or in agreement with.

That was also my interpretation, but I wouldn't say it was perfectly clear. The spoiler tags, in particular, were a little.. odd. And no, I don't think Hiroki not Takuya was implying that all of the shorts were bad. the comment by Sam was just strangely worded.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I need to go back and watch these, but of the ones I saw I'm surprised this got picked. Maybe this one got a lot of views compared to the others? Still, good to see that they're considering these shorts for potential extended productions.

I hope that means there'll be more shorts in the future Smile
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
@relyat08 Thanks, I have no idea what Never_Knows_Best was going on about. I saw the shorts, loved them (except Sex and Violence w/Machspeed) wouldn't mind seeing several as series because they encapsulated so much potential story concept. However, I could make no connection with any of them in any part of Sam Murai's comment and I consider myself good at reading obtuse references. I've never seen such a string of gibberish, hence the comment, but if it was clear to someone, they could just explain rather than launch a personal attack. My hope was that Sam Murai would repost more clearly what he wanted to say, because I want to understand it.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
@relyat08 Thanks, I have no idea what Never_Knows_Best was going on about. I saw the shorts, loved them (except Sex and Violence w/Machspeed) wouldn't mind seeing several as series because they encapsulated so much potential story concept. However, I could make no connection with any of them in any part of Sam Murai's comment and I consider myself good at reading obtuse references. I've never seen such a string of gibberish, hence the comment, but if it was clear to someone, they could just explain rather than launch a personal attack. My hope was that Sam Murai would repost more clearly what he wanted to say, because I want to understand it.

Umm…had no idea my post was going to get this much scrutiny or discussion… Confused

I was being a tad jokey with the adaptations, as I was basically highlighting the potency of JAE's projects and that Khara has a lot to work with (hence the last sentence). Don't worry, Hiroki not Takuya, I didn't lose my mind or had a fanboy moment, just having some fun with the news (though I am crossing my fingers over something more for entries such as Iconic Field, Robot on the Road, and Yamadeloid, as you could build some nice work from their content, depending on the direction taken). I thought the spoiler tags would be telling, but in hindsight, I probably should have made it a little more obvious that I was being lighthearted about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2