• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man TV Anime Gets 2nd Season, Game App

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gustave154

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This news bringa tears into my eyes
TheBlackGirlGamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
HYPE!!!!!! I hope it would go up to 26 episodes!
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Which means I have to deal with people never shutting up about this series for a few more months. So, this is how it feels to be a "Naruto" hater back in 2007.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I guess... I hope Mob Psycho 100 gets a second season. Since I personally think it's better than OPM. Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Cue the naysayers "B-B-But Madhouse doesn't do sequels, like, ever." who think that the studio holds any sway in the decision-making process.

Regardless of who makes the decision, the fact of the matter is that Madhouse does have a lot of non-ending one season adaptations under their name. Some of which have been very popular. I think most people are just pointing that out.

endallchaos wrote:
Nice, I guess... I hope Mob Psycho 100 gets a second season. Since I personally think it's better than OPM. Smile

I have heard from a couple of sources that there is a second cour for Mob Psycho coming in Winter. I tried to follow up, but haven't gotten any official response.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hoping they keep Kubota as the character designer. I've met a lot of character designers in the past, but Kubota is one of the most talented artists I've met.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Which means I have to deal with people never shutting up about this series for a few more months. So, this is how it feels to be a "Naruto" hater back in 2007.

You could always just ignore those people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
2018 would kill me, let's hope for a late release in 2017 at least, still hype biggest anime of the year!
anddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
2018 would kill me, let's hope for a late release in 2017 at least, still hype biggest anime of the year!

If they're announcing it now in September I'm assuming it'll be airing in April (Spring season) at the latest. That's just the sort of pattern most anime announcement to airdates go.

Still wondering whether or not Madhouse is behind this new season.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I know some are saying since it adapts the Murata adaptation of One's work its further behind, but I dont understand why they couldn't just take one's original version as a storyboard and animate that. They don't really need to wait for murata to basically just redraw One's version. As far as I know there is no big difference storywise.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I know some are saying since it adapts the Murata adaptation of One's work its further behind, but I dont understand why they couldn't just take one's original version as a storyboard and animate that. They don't really need to wait for murata to basically just redraw One's version. As far as I know there is no big difference storywise.

The same could be said for Re:Zero though, right? Isn't there a ton of the webnovel that goes well beyond where the published book has gone, yet people are saying we'll be waiting 2 years for another season of that because it'll take that long to publish enough of the LNs?
Anyway, I'm actually curious on that. Is it a stipulation put into the contract by the publisher or something?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I was hoping that One Punch Man would get a second season but since so much of the manga was adapted in the first season I figured that it would take years for a second season to be green lit. Very Happy
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Definitely going to watch this! The anime was over the top amazing! Very Happy
Brakus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
A second season (of OPM) was going to happen at some point even with a sub-par English dub and Toonami ratings that aren't as high as Attack on Titan.

How is the English dub sub-par? Granted, Genos' voice by Zach Aguilar took a couple weeks for me to warm up to, but I've basically had few problems with it.

Also, ratings for AOT in first-run episodes in 2014 did outnumber ratings for OPM in first-run episodes in 2016, but in general both shows gathered around the same number of viewers week-to-week. OPM has solidly been getting over 1 million viewers every week since the premiere, and retaining an average of 90-91% of its lead-in audience (of DBZ Kai). (Source: toonami.wikia.com)
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Yay! This is wonderful news! My favorites rarely ever get second seasons. RIP Space Dandy. Crying or Very sad Coincidentally, they share almost identical production staffs. I can't wait for the King arc and for best girl Fubooty to finally come into prominence. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hope it's two cours this time around, though I realize that's not very likely given the point the redrawn manga is at currently. Also, for me it is crucial that the first season's staff returns for this, as their directing, framing and animation is what practically made the first season.

Now Mob Psycho 100 just needs to get a second season confirmed and we'll be set. Very Happy And since that's being adapted straight from ONE's original comic, they have plenty of content for a second season.

AoT S2, OPM S2, Steins;Gate 0... man, so many hype-worthy sequels coming out (hopefully) next year!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5