• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2-Million Yen Life-Size Saekano Up for Auction—For Double the Price

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Something is wrong with her face, unless that is how the anime or manga had her looking.

Still, with the face not looking right, it is just a worthless statue. Nothing worse than a figure off model.

I agree. I love her character in the show, and have a couple of her figures on pre-order, but this is easily the worst design I've seen. I think the size complicates things, to begin with, but even then, it doesn't have the right balance. It's also just boring looking. Even if I had the money, this isn't something I would get.
This one is much more accurate to what she looks like in the anime, though obviously in more extravagant clothes:
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
This figure sculpture look weird. Maybe because it is bigger it will lose balance when it is at 1/1 scale or maybe the material used is different than plastic used on usual figure and causing detail loss. Thats why figure maker plan to release a bigger version they need to work again from scratch, not just upscale the available figure. So far I only saw 2 meter tall Gundam statue, probably same material with Megumi statue and it look worse if you see closer.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Something is wrong with her face, unless that is how the anime or manga had her looking.

Still, with the face not looking right, it is just a worthless statue. Nothing worse than a figure off model.

Eh, I've collected things where on-model merchandise, simply put, does not exist, and in some cases, fan-created material is more on-model than the official stuff. (Plushes of Sonic the Hedgehog characters, for instance, get really, really bad.)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
^Or just wealthy otaku like this person.

I love cats, my mom has a couple. And obviously enjoy anime figures as I collect them. But those two things together... If I were him I'd be worried they'd use the statue as scratching post...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum, when being 1 of the leading anime news sites, ANN is probably going out of its way to cater to as many people as it can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2