• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MAPPA, Kazuhiro Furuhashi Reveal 'Project Altair' Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natsumi_Otori

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOSH IM SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!
And I thought there would be nothing to look forward to after YoI is done for a while!

Quote:
Say no more I'm sold!! Very Happy I shall take a look at the manga once I'm done catching up on a certain series. Hopefully it's be a great adaptation unlike the Arslan and Kingdom anime.

Omigosh, content-wise, it's already levels above Arslan, in my opinion. The character development of the main character is so much richer and evolves with the growing cast of supporting characters, most of them are so memorable and vivid. There's this sense of epic-ness that permeates Altair, something that Arslan lacks in many places.
I was quite the fan of Arslan when it came out but when I came upon Altair, it was like the difference of the sun and the star.

*go back to dancing in celebration*
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:00 am Reply with quote
Natsumi_Otori wrote:
Omigosh, content-wise, it's already levels above Arslan, in my opinion. The character development of the main character is so much richer and evolves with the growing cast of supporting characters, most of them are so memorable and vivid. There's this sense of epic-ness that permeates Altair, something that Arslan lacks in many places.
I was quite the fan of Arslan when it came out but when I came upon Altair, it was like the difference of the sun and the star.

It's levels above Arslan - the Arakawa version, that is. :/ Thing is, Arslan is like that originally in the novel, and should have been like that in adaptation. But Arakawa Hiromu is simply not suited to doing historical epics and her manga transformed the material enough that it lost a lot of that quality, it transformed the characters starting with Arslan himself, etc. And then the anime adaptation went and turned it into a Saturday morning cartoon.

Altair is, in a way, what the Arslan adaptation should have been.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
I actually wouldn't mind an original anime whose title includes the brightest star in the Aquila constellation/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2