• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Contest Held to Design Hatsune Miku U.S. Version

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Since Crypton is making a new English library with a different singer couldn't they just make a new vocaloid for the US or does it have to be Miku?
If they were yes, but it's not a "different" singer, it's Hatsune Miku reprogrammed to sing and speak in English more coherently than the original. They did it with Megurine Luka when they created her and it proved successful enough to back programme Miku as well.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
CFM have confirmed at their Facebook page that this competition is "for fun only, will not make change of Miku products".
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
That explains the total lack of the car in those commercials.

I wonder if the actor playing the hot dog vendor loved or hated his role. I don't think there's a middle ground for that sort of hamminess.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Winner fo sho.
http://piapro.jp/t/xP63
Cruithne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 am Reply with quote
The cowboy outfits and the flag motif just look stupid. No one actually living in America would go for it.

The only thing I could see wrong with her box art as-is is the fact that it's in anime style.

Anime and other forms of 2D animation are seen as either being for kids (like Pokemon) or not to be taken seriously (like Family Guy). The anime-styled boxart would turn people away because that form of art isn't really used professionally.

Chances are, some random person passing by would just see it as a toy, rather than legitimate music software.

If they want to do anything, they should put her design in a 3D style like Sonika's boxart.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
That explains the total lack of the car in those commercials.

I wonder if the actor playing the hot dog vendor loved or hated his role. I don't think there's a middle ground for that sort of hamminess.
Wrong thread for this, but as long as he got his envelope full of the agreed amount, I don't think he cared. He's an actor, actors, and actresses do this for a living. Wink
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Right. I had both topics up at once on the tabs.

This contest is always intriguing to see what various Japanese artists think represents America. I see a lot of cowboy motifs. I wonder if the Japanese see cowboys the way Americans see samurai and ninja: So utterly strange and different from anything in their country's history, yet everywhere in movies and TV, that they can't help but associate the other country with them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4