• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Girls Beyond the Wasteland

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanQ

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I find it difficult to believe you were or are paying attention to Saekano, as there is plenty on making a game.

I paid attention, actually, I was pretty delighted with the beginning of the show, but it moved pretty quick from game-making plot to harem plot. Not saying it's bad, just not what I wanted. Also, You can have different experience with making indie game then me, My was closer to that in "Girls Beyond the Wasteland".

zrnzle500 wrote:
Also, you think there was nothing between Sayuki and him?

Maybe, but it was never fully articulated, and it remains in colleagues/collaboratos affiliation, so we never know ~_^.

zrnzle500 wrote:
Considering that Saekano is still ongoing, of course they didn't finish in the first season, though they did reach a good stopping point.

If they didn't lose time with harem-ish issues, they can finish whole game in 1 cour! ~_^

harminia wrote:
I had high(ish) hopes for GBTW. I thought it'd have some fun nerd humor regarding making games or be kinda self aware but it seems it was a pretty straightforward drama. (Maybe I should've watched Saekano?) I didn't watch more than like episode 1 or so, but from what I've been hearing it didn't exactly pick up. It feels like this show was a disappointment rather than a Bad Show.
I thought there was some nice character animation though, especially with the tomboy best friend. She had some nice interaction with the main dude.
(In episode 1 at least)

I'm afraid that looking for some romance in this anime is probably not right place to look for. There is only very subtle build-up with the spoiler[tomboy childhood friend], but it doesn't end with anything like spoiler[love confession or dating]. Most of the show focus is on making game and managing team of diverse creators.

{Edit}: For starters please refrain from making several posts in a row when 1 post would suffice. You can just put all your points in one post. I merged your posts together. Secondly, and more importantly, other users are allowed to have their own opinions. It is rude of you to call them hypocrites for simply having an opinion on a show. I removed that part. ~ Psycho 101
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2