• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Continuation Teased

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Let me guess the protagonist will be another emotionless heero/setsuna knock off with even less emotion.
chronium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
The finale really only addressed Tekkadan and mars independence it didn't deal with the space colony revolts or completely put a end to the slave system that exists in that universe.

They can also do a new conflict between earth, mars, and jupiter or they also could do a story where a group of humans left the earth system during the time of the great calamity and decided to finally come back.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Lol. This exact image leaked out on July 2nd all over the internet.Literally a month ago. Wow they're bad at keeping secrets. Here's a screenshot from when It was leaked on July 2nd: https://i.imgur.com/Lya0Ocx.png

There is a LOT that can be done with this world. I'm looking forward to it.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
but.....how? spoiler[almost everyone in tekkadan are dead]
chronium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
but.....how? spoiler[almost everyone in tekkadan are dead]

huh you should watch the ending again not that many of them are dead.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
A sequel when IBO's second season had enough sense of finality with its conclusion? Unless it's some sort of prequel, seems really redundant to have another season of IBO and feels like Sunrise is milking the Gundam cow a bit too much, especially in regards to some of the upcoming projects they have focused on the Universal Century timeline.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SrkSano

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I did not enjoy the character desgins or the mecha designs but I enjoyed the show itself. Not my favorite Gundam series, but it was fun having a new Gundam show to watch every week that wasn't the build fighters stuff. I'm not really interested in a sequel. Ending seemed really conclusive to me. Would rather see Hathaway's Flash, Crossbone or Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Glory of Losers adopted personally.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I binged watched the first season when they put the dub on CR, wish they would put season 2 on, it was just the sort of Gundam show that appealed to me; soundtrack, character designs, art direction, world design, characters, setting. So more content sounds great, maybe a side story to explore some more of the shows universe.
Airiiin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Yay, so excited about this! This was one of the better Gundam in recent years (not that hard when the competition were the atrocious Age and G-Reco) so I'm pretty happy we are getting more, although I hope it's not a sequel, the show had a strong and conclusive finale.

Also watching haters' reaction to the success of this show is always fun. They keep pretending that Japan hates it and here we are, getting a new Tekketsu project.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Good to know that Gundam IBO continues to be divisive more than a year later. The Gundam fandom really does not let strong feelings go. Myself I was pretty "eh" on it when it finished but a rewatch courtesy of Toonami helped me to come to appreciate it far more the second time around.

Ask for a sequel... I'd have more faith in that than the continuation of 00 or more UC OVAs set after Unicorn being good. At least there are still unresolved plot threads here.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
While I loved Barbatos's evolution (especially the Lupus final upgrade), the ending could've been better. That's the first (that I know of) where the protagonists were killed in a Gundam Series.

I'd have to agree about a prequel, cause there were many mentions of the Calamity Wars, especially with the Gundams & Mobile Armors originating from said conflict. Would be interesting to see how that War happened, and its aftermath. Along the lines of Fate/ZERO being the beginning of the Fate Series.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The way I see it there can only be 2 options:

1. A prequel focused on the war when Barbatos was originally used

2. A distant sequel with spoiler[Mikazuki's and Atra's child as the main character going against Gjallahorn]

The ending gave a sense of finality so a few years into the future wouldn't make much of a difference.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this series but I don't see how a sequel would do anything but mess things up. Still I am always up for a good mecha show.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
curtisd88 wrote:
The way I see it there can only be 2 options:

1. A prequel focused on the war when Barbatos was originally used

2. A distant sequel with spoiler[Mikazuki's and Atra's child as the main character going against Gjallahorn]

The ending gave a sense of finality so a few years into the future wouldn't make much of a difference.

Those two options are what I see happening too.
dark13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Nice I really liked IBO most of the time I don't like the emotinless protagnost whose a jerk to his friends cough Hiro/Setsuna cough good news for me since I actually watched the show Mika actually cares about the people in Tekkeden or did we all forget that scene were mika pulls on Eugine's ear because he was fighting with Biscuit ? any case re looking at the final spoiler[we don't actually see Mika himself get stab by julieta ( we only see it from Barbatos point of view ) plus if Kira Yammato can live through a nuclear exploitation I'm pretty sure Mika can survive with a scar on his face this isn't really " its this is impossible there is no way he could be alive" think about the chances of a 3rd season there many options for mika to be alive]spoiler[ ( can't say the same about Orga since we did seem him get shot tho)]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4