• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Eternal Films Post Clip Teasing Zirconia's Cast Member

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:58 pm Reply with quote
The character now seems visually reminiscent of famously high-cheek-boned actress and singer Mari NATSUKI, whom people on this website will know as the voice of Yubāba, and, more recently, a live-action version of ONE PIECE’s Dr Kureha. But her voice is also pretty unmistakable; from the sample it does sound like it could rather be someone younger like Watanabe doing an old-person voice.
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
You are correct, it is 2 films; it was originally set to be 3 but they changed it to 2. That's TWO 80 minute movies which are 160 minutes to cover the story arc of the Dream Arc. Each of the other story arcs have averaged to about 13 episodes but that has been WITH padding that was not within the manga itself. Another chunk of it is the transformation and op/ed sequences so, again my 15-18 minute long actual content.

Where did you hear that about there being 3 films? I had always heard it was going to be 2 films. And as far as I know, there's no running length confirmed for the second yet.

And yes, I have read the entire manga. I'm not too worried about the second film because the last few chapters should work perfectly in movie format. It's the first 5 or so chapters I wonder about because they're more episodic.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:
You are correct, it is 2 films; it was originally set to be 3 but they changed it to 2. That's TWO 80 minute movies which are 160 minutes to cover the story arc of the Dream Arc. Each of the other story arcs have averaged to about 13 episodes but that has been WITH padding that was not within the manga itself. Another chunk of it is the transformation and op/ed sequences so, again my 15-18 minute long actual content.

Where did you hear that about there being 3 films? I had always heard it was going to be 2 films. And as far as I know, there's no running length confirmed for the second yet.

And yes, I have read the entire manga. I'm not too worried about the second film because the last few chapters should work perfectly in movie format. It's the first 5 or so chapters I wonder about because they're more episodic.

I think it was some translated interview or something that I read from something that it was set to 2 and then announced. I think it was more of an illusion of them planning the movies and setting on 3 before settling on 2 and then announcing it. With it being so long ago there is no way I can find the specific reference. I was even wondering how they could even stretch it to 3 to begin with so that's the only reason I kinda remember reading about it to begin with; cause this arc is the only one I really DON'T want padded.

Eh, well, a lot of things seem episodic but fit fine in movie format. They could, possibly be playing some of it off as it happening simultaneously (the whole powering up section). Minako has to wait for last, though 'cause I remember her being salty about being last but being the first of the original Senshi.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
As far as I recall, they only announced it as a film series before saying it was two films and I think it was just a fandom assumption that it was going to be three.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
It's been revealed that Naomi Wantanbe is the voice of Zirconia.

That's pretty interesting.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Naomi was who Japanese Twitter was overwhelmingly guessing who the voice was and it seems like most are happy with the casting. It hasn't been uploaded yet to official channels but there was also a TV broadcast of the announcement with some new animation footage of the movie that showed another scene of Zirconia in the Dead Moon Circus tent with Zircon. Now all we need is Nehelenia, the theme song info, and hopefully we'll get a full trailer soon.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:37 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
Eh, well, a lot of things seem episodic but fit fine in movie format. They could, possibly be playing some of it off as it happening simultaneously (the whole powering up section). Minako has to wait for last, though 'cause I remember her being salty about being last but being the first of the original Senshi.

I was thinking the same thing. Being last would be even more frustrating when it happened simultaneously for the others as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2