• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Action RPG Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:18 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Like really, if something like Higurashi that have more complicated branched structure in it's script can work in anime medium - it's not as hard to make Automata fit into that either. Wink Wink

Now, a Zero Escape anime? That would be tricky.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
It will be popular.

Losers can continue to whine.

Uh, I don't think that's a guarantee. Video game anime are not consistently well-done. I love Nier with all my heart but the last standard video game TV adaptation that was actually considered popular and good I'm pretty sure was Persona 4's anime. Legitimately I can't think of a game adaptation that was considered truly popular since that.
Kusakabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Surely this means the dub will not even contact the original cast members to reprise their roles lol
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
Like really, if something like Higurashi that have more complicated branched structure in it's script can work in anime medium - it's not as hard to make Automata fit into that either. Wink Wink

Now, a Zero Escape anime? That would be tricky.
Oh yeah, Zero Escape use one heck of narrative that give Endless Eight run on it's money if you try to adapt it in something that is not a game - and unlike your usual story featuring something like time traveling or multiverses, you cannot make an easy pass for it without major cuts or losing it's punch.

Same goes to first NieR story too, actually.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:46 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
alice32 wrote:
The news was leaked a few weeks before it was officially announced. Today, the same leaker said that A-1 Pictures is the production studio

No, no, no! Crying or Very sad

Oh dear. After all the delays with 86, I'm not sure I can keep trusting them.

The delays for 86 wasnt A-1 fault they werent rdy and needed that 3month delay as few other series got but production committie forced them to do it anyway due scheduale for future stuff. So i honestly felt rly bad for the people and at same time admired people that work at A-1 for doing a great job on stuff they had to rush to complete it and didn't give us some garbage animation that they could easily had done with some quick 3D as u see many other anime doing when scheduale gets tight.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Kusakabe wrote:
Surely this means the dub will not even contact the original cast members to reprise their roles lol

Well, it's Aniplex, so they could very easily just make this one of their LA dubs to get the main cast back. [/list]
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Interested to see how this is presented. I wonder if they'll work any of the extra endings in? Maybe as bonus shorts?

Also wonder if they'll use the wider weapon lineup, or just stick with the iconic weapons...

Well, most important part of the presentation for me will be how they use the soundtrack.

Hopefully we will get a full 24-26 episode season =)

Last edited by Covnam on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Picky33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:14 pm Reply with quote
as long as they get the original VA and the original Soundtrack I'll be happy. I def agree with this needs to be 2 Cours
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:15 am Reply with quote
Picky33 wrote:
as long as they get the original VA and the original Soundtrack I'll be happy. I def agree with this needs to be 2 Cours
Well, it's safe to say that the original game cast will be in... and then I remembered the fact that Eve was voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki, and this is Aniplex produced anime. OOF.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:56 am Reply with quote
Make it Buttocks the Simulator anime
sonryu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:17 pm Reply with quote
If Aniplex's involvement is any indication, I won't be buying the collector's edition bluray set when it's released for $300 Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2