• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jal90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Name: Javier.

Sex: Not very oft... Eeeeh, male.

Blood Type: Red.

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: Whoa, I've never known.

Religion: None.

Pets: Cat & dog.

Drink/Smoke: Socially drinking, I very rarely smoke.

Likes: Anime (whoa!), films, playing soccer, going out and stuff, biology and science in general.

Dislikes: Claustrophobic night clubs.

Favorite anime: Many Ghiblies, Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Perfect blue, Mushishi, Princess Tutu...

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I'm not really into manga yet. Have read and loved some, but...

Favorite Books: I haven't read a book properly in a year or so... have a lot of pending ones but at the time what gave me the biggest impression was Brave new world. A hundred years of solitude or The neverending story where quite great reads too. But it's been a long while anyway.

Favorite game: I grew with the Age of empires saga and Warcraft III and expansion. Still play them from time to time. Never been a gamer.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: On Tv-shows, The Simpsons and Futurama were my obsessions before I got into movies. On movies, well, a good lot of stuff (won't count anime): The elephant man, City lights, The Shawshank redemption, Pulp fiction, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Life of Brian, Days of wine and roses, Harakiri (1962), Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3, The apartment and I'll have to stop here. I'm quite into cinema stuff and my tastes tend to follow the canon most of the time but overall are quite weird.

Favorite Drink: Pineapple juice. I'm a manly man. On alcoholic stuff, I guess beer.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Answered above.

Favorite Foods: Just anything that implies meat and fries, and Spanish omelette.

Favorite Sites: Some of them are Spanish so you won't know them: Filmaffinity (and an associated forum), IMDb, Pirateking, Felizonia, MyAnimeList... and I guess Facebook. Notice that I didn't put Animenewsnetwork, I have to get used to this site. But I hope it will end up making this list.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer, basketball and tennis.

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer.

Favorite Music: Can't say I developed a clear preference.

Job: Full-time student right now. On my last year of the Biology degree.

Hobbies: Damn, didn't I answer this before?

Fun facts about me: I am pretty meh-ish. Had a quite unpleasant childhood, but one way or the other I'm just a normal guy, introverted, quiet and I think nice, sleepy and disorganized, quite obsessive when I find a new interest, etc.

Favorite Quotes: Can't remember anything at the moment and I would have to bring a cheap translation anyway so I guess it's better to ignore this one.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums, MrPink and jal90.

@jal90: What are you planning to do after you get your Biology degree?
jal90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote
Thanks for your welcome, A Mystery Smile.

A Mystery wrote:
Welcome to the forums, MrPink and jal90.

@jal90: What are you planning to do after you get your Biology degree?

I plan to work in a hospital laboratory.
Blueroseknight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Hello all. I just made my account today; I was directed to this site by some folks at Sakuracon. I am hoping to meet some more season Otaku who can show me other sites to go to and suggest some shows to watch. Would love to chat with anyone about anything related to anime Smile

Name: John

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A+ (I think)

Marital Status: Married + Waifus

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Religion: Unitarian

Pets: 1 cat

Drink/Smoke: Nope

Likes: Watching anime, buying anime figures, writing, being a Dungeon Master / Storyteller, Talking about Politics and Religion

Dislikes: Closed minded folks, Bleach, Naruto

Favorite anime: Ranma 1/2, Koihime Musou, Madoka, Familiar of Zero, Angel Beats, Accel World, Sword Art Online, Utena

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Love Hina, Great Teach Onizuka, AOI House (OEL)

Favorite Books: House of Leaves, The Talisman, Swansong, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff.

Favorite game: Touhou Hisōtensoku, Dynasty Warriors, Sengoku Rance

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, Legends of the Hidden Temple

Favorite Drink: Shirley Temple

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Shirley Temple

Favorite Foods: Anything seafood

Favorite Sites: myanimelist, myfigurecollection, rule 34 imageboards (don't judge)

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): N/A

Favorite Music: Depending upon my mood I'll go for anything between Jimmy Buffet and Basshunter. Lately just been listening to anime music and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Pon pon pon)

Job: Quality Assurance Lead in a call center

Hobbies: Watching anime, writing

Fun facts about me: I'm pretty enthusiastic about immersing myself in any and all things anime. I am learning about Touhou and various other anime subcultures. I love fanservicey anime that makes most seasoned anime veterans roll their eyes. If you want to know more then I'm always up to chat Smile
MiwaSatoshi
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Ehh, I haven't posted very much in the last few years - I was way more active prior to 2003 but life is strange like that.

Name: Carlos

Sex: Male

Blood Type: B positive

Marital Status: Married

Ethnicity: Filipino (1/4 Spanish, 1/4 Hakka Chinese); naturalized American citizenship

Religion: Unitarian Universalist

Pets: One black Domestic Shorthair cat, named Kaji

Drink/Smoke: Drink socially/Smoke hookah only, once every 5-6 years or so

Likes: wilderness trail hiking, comparative linguistics, Cards Against Humanity

Dislikes: respiratory ailments, Florida tourist drivers, 80s synthesizer soundtrack montages

Favorite Anime: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Marmalade Boy, Porco Rosso

Favorite Manga: Marmalade Boy, Red River, Yokohama Shopping Trip

Favorite Books: The Colour of Magic, Kingbird Highway, Time Enough for Love

Favorite Games: Fallout III: New Vegas, Final Fantasy VI, You Don't Know Jack!

Favorite TV Shows: Chopped, Jeopardy!, Psych

Favorite Drink: Yebisu Premium

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Guarana Antarctica

Favorite Foods: doro what (shouldn't be autocorrected: it's Ethiopian, kids), lechon, mole poblano

Favorite Sites: Reddit, THEM Anime (note that I'm biased)

Favorite Sport (to watch): NCAA Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer (at least when I was younger!)

Favorite Music: 80s arena rock, bubblegum J-Pop, parody (Coulton, Yankovic, etc) ... actually, I'll listen to most anything, but I draw the line at gangsta rap, grindcore, and Air Supply.

Job: Bell Services Dispatcher at Walt Disney World (until May)

Hobbies: birding, hiking, geocaching, anime, manga, JRPGs, travel

Fun (?) facts about MiwaSatoshi:

- Has seen and identified over 600 species of birds in the wild in the last decade (including 65 in just a couple months in Japan)

- Every single one of his long-term relationships since 1995 (including two marriages) has been with Marmalade Boy fangirls. Wanna get hooked up? Read shoujo manga. Razz

- Has a BA in Japanese Language from Arizona State University.

- Was briefly the College Bowl and Quiz Bowl team captain there and helmed the ASU College Bowl team to its first trip to Nationals in a decade. Ironically, its last, because College Bowl International went bankrupt that year ...

- Have been on national television multiple times (4 times in 1991, once in 1993, once in 2007). None of them involved relating what the tornado sounded like.

- Used to be mistaken for Native American during college years due to long hair. No longer applicable since 2008 as Disney does not allow male cast members to wear their hair long.

- Thinks Final Destination is one of the worst things that could have happened to the horror genre because gory, contrived Rube Goldberg deaths have become more popular than actual suspense (also see Another).

Oh, and I'm the Editor-in-Chief Emeritus over at THEM Anime, which means I've dabbled in writing a few anime reviews here and there. *shrug* Smile

Favorite Quotes: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ameliajimenez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 am Reply with quote
Hi Guys!!...new here and like the way of introductions!! cataloguesnocreditcheck.co

Last edited by ameliajimenez on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
higegome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Name: Cara

Sex: Yes?

Blood Type: A+

Ethnicity: American

Bio:
It's a little late to really introduce myself since I already hastily made a new thread. However, I'm here to get opinions and ideas for my senior project. I am working on adapting an anime into a stage play. So far I'm looking into taking an anime movie and adapt into a greek style play. I'm not set on this idea but I'm looking to network and get idea from the anime community.

The thread I started: Anime Stageplay
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the fora, higegome and ameliajimenez SmileSmile higegome, I hope you're able to stick around even after getting the information you're looking for^^ It's a pretty cool little community. If I may ask, what movie are you thinking about adapting? ameliajimenez, can you tell us a bit about yourself? What anime do you like? Manga?
Joflyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Hello all, I'm Joflyer. Now, if it's okay with ya'll, I ain't big on making text walls, so I'll just kinda not do that.

I don't watch allot of anime, I'm a gamer first. The only anime I've seen are School Rumble and I only finished Baccano! yesterday. But, I've been wanting to get into anime, so I supposed I'd join an anime forum, so I can get some recommendations and what not, so I don't need to slog through the countless anime that exist, mindlessly looking for something interesting. And this was the site I found looking for one to join.

One thing to note, is that I only watch anime via legal means, and I only watch dubs, since I find subs far too distracting.
keiwa11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Hello to all Very Happy nice to meet someone who likes what I like , I just joined the forum so I'm giving some basic information about myself
Name: Andrea
Sex: Female
Blood type: A+
Marital Status:: Single
Ethnicity: slovak( a bit of hungarian and czech as well)
Religion: atheist
Pets: currently a dog, 3 little rabits and a hamster, had a cat as well
Drink/Smoke: Don't smoke, avoiding drinking(I don't like the taste at all)
Likes: anime,music,reading,occasionally writing and playing the guitar,singing(when noone hears me),languages,biology+astronomy,drawing,british and japanese culture
Dislikes: sea food, answering questions,MATH,meat,can't think of anything else now
Favourite anime: FULL METAL PANIC,Yu Yu Hakusho, Read or Die, Spiral, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Captain Tsubasa, Blue Gender,Lucky Star,Megaman...
Favourite Manga: I haven't read many of manga to be honest
Favourite book: Lost World, A Clockwork Orange,Being+anything by Kevin Brooks,Picture of Dorian Grey, 100 years old man who climbed out of the window and disappered,anything by Irvine Welsh,
Favourite Game: I prefer adventure games such as The longest Journey or Overclocked, Flyff, Hitman...but I don't play very often
Favourite TV shows/Movies: Misfits, Sherlock series, IT crowd, Mighty Boosh,Dr. House, Dr. Who...and I have lot of favourite films too, currently my best is Fantastic Fear Of Everything
Favourite drink: orange juice(yes)
Favourite Food: tomato soup,cakes,
Favourite Sites: I don't find youtube my favourite site but I use it daily, than I don't know
Favourite Sport(to watch): I guess it's football and hockey but I also like snowboarding( I'd never tried it myself though)
Favourite Sport(to play): I like to run,have some experience playing basketball and volleyball
Favourite Music: there's too much to mention but mostly british indie rock, bit of french, also I'm fond of several japanese soundracks and I'm not really into rap and hip-hop
Job: Student,and I don't really know what to study in the future
Hobbies: are the things I like
Fun fact about me:
I started watching anime 8 years ago than stopped for 8 years and got back to it now. I recalled every anime I watched when I was a kid and watched it all over again now.
I like to make imaginary stories and than write about it.
Have just 1 best friend(who unfortunately doesn't share my interests) because I'm not that talkative . Also I like to use sarcasm too much and take everything too easy
I like finding information about dinosaurs,aliens and egyptian culture/history,evolution and geology.
I learn languages easily also I'd like to go to Japan one day.
I attended a course of martial arts for 4 years but stopped(why
Question Exclamation )
I wear contact lenses and I''ve never been abroad though I like travelling

Favourite Quotes: "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted"

My note: If you want or have time you could recommend some animes similar to those I like Surprised

Last edited by keiwa11 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Joflyer and keiwa11. ANN is a pretty cool place; I hope you enjoy posting here Smile

keiwa11 wrote:
Favourite Quotes: "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted"
I love that. Never heard that before, but that is now one of my fav quotes C=
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the fora keiwa11 !

When you say Read or Die, do you mean the OVA or the long series? They're both great, unfortunately I haven't come across anything quite like them yet.

You might want to look at Trigun, especially the recent move Badlands Rumble. It's often compared to Cowboy Beebop.

And while they may not be favs of many here, you might want to take a look at Solty Rei and Sacred Blacksmith.

If you want to just laugh your ass off, take a look at School Rumble, Ouran High School Host Club, or Baka and Test.

Have fun, Mike.

Last edited by guildmaster on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
FMABleach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote
[MODS/ADMINS, PLEASE DELETE THIS POST. THANKS!]

Last edited by FMABleach on Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
sphyre052

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Name:
Sex: Female
Blood Type: O+
Pets: None
Drinks/Smoke: Not a chance
*Favorites
Anime: Pandora Hearts, Naruto, Magi, Pokemon, etc.
Manga: Last Game, Watashi ni xx shinasai, Horimiya, Shindere shoujo to kodoku na shinigami, Ouran Highschool Host Club
Books: Harry Potter, Crepuscule (comic), Narnia
Games: Chess
TV shows/ movies: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Narnia, Sound of music, etc.
Food: Desserts
Sports: None (I am asthmatic)
Hobbies: Writing, Playing and composing music, creating a maze.

This is my first time using a forum so... I hope we can all get along! Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Last edited by sphyre052 on Sun May 26, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aylinn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, sphyre052

Juging from your avatar, you like Pandora Hearts Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 180 of 233