• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Confirmed to Air on Adult Swim October 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, if its able to air on on AS it show that any arguements for its delay on YTV being more than just a delay hold no water.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flame-X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
im looking forward how they're gonna handle the 2nd op Anime hyper
Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Flame-X wrote:
im looking forward how they're gonna handle the 2nd op XD

MTH FTW
TexasAnimeFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Happy Happy Joy Joy!
Happy Happy Joy Joy!
(even though I know it'll be the dub)
Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Personally I think they'll move the other shows forward a bit to get rid of the reruns shown between Blood+ & Astro Boy. It's unusual for [as] to take a running show off the air.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
im just thankful they have something new to show. im tired of watching reruns and cant believe they are showing cowboy bebop again. its good but they seriously ran it to the ground with so many reruns.

even if its the dub ill still be watching it whenever i can.
lildude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
bakaShin wrote:
im just thankful they have something new to show. im tired of watching reruns and can't believe they are showing cowboy bebop again. its good but they seriously ran it to the ground with so many reruns.

even if its the dub ill still be watching it whenever i can.

You make it sound like it's a possibility that they may air it subbed, which if it did it would effectively kill the ratings. Remember that subbed only releases always kill about 75% of the DVD buying market, and most subbed fans only watch fansubs and don't support the industries here, a shame really.
TangentCube

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
Aki Ameko wrote:
TangentCube wrote:

Sunday, October 20, at midnight.
Um, the 20th is a Saturday. ^^; So I'd like further confirmation to make sure you have the day right... For me, it'll be at 11PM, but I still need to know which day. ^^;

er... yes, Saturday. I knew that. -_-
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
No! What the hell are they doing to Bleach then? What a way to kill the momentum of a series. Why couldn't they have just put Death Note on a 11:30 or something, or just moved Bleach? Nothing can replace it.

A hiatus didn't work for FMA, so why would it work for Bleach? AS has to learn that anime is different from US TV shows, and anime can't be handled the same way.

Simple... it's not [adultswim]'s decision. They have no control over how fast the dubbing process goes, so if Viz needs more time to dub episodes, then pulled from the lineup Bleach shall be. That's the same reason that FMA was pulled over the summer in '05... Funi'd gotten off schedule in the dubbing, and they couldn't keep providing episodes for [as] to air... I'm honestly surprised that it lasted this long without taking a break. My only question is, will they bring it back as soon as they can, or will it stay gone until DN has finished airing next summer...

And about Death Note, if they stuck with that whiny little bitch VA for Light that they had in the promo months ago, the dub is gonna be pure fail... I'll have to wait for the DVDs to come out...
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quote
For most of the US, the 12 AM ET hour runs on Saturday (Time Zones), which is probably why the person messed that up.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quote
My new friend is gonna be REALLY happy about this!
Canuckian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:

And about Death Note, if they stuck with that whiny little bitch VA for Light that they had in the promo months ago, the dub is gonna be pure fail... I'll have to wait for the DVDs to come out...

You fail, it's been confirmed for like a month that those preview trailers from months ago weren't even from The Ocean Group(The Studio Producing Death Note's Dub) and were by someone else hired by Viz. Meaning that none of those VAs are included.

BTW- I officially hate Viz Media, first their Distribution for everything but Naruto in Canada is terrible, then they don't force YTV to air new Bleach Episodes until 6 Months after they aired in the US. And now this. Viz Media= Not getting my money any more. When Death Note does air on YTV, I'll watch it, but I'm not going to buy it, although, knowing Viz, I'll likely not even get the chance to buy it.
yourfinallyfree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
im happy, but i still will have to wait and see, you never know about adult swim and you never know about viz...but i dont think hell will break loose and eveything will be fine
LordRobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote
Question: I've read the entire 12-volume manga series. I loved it (although the post-L arc wasn't as enjoyable). But a lot of the enjoyment comes from not knowing what's going to happen next. Should I bother to watch the anime? Is it the exact same story, or are there some added twists?

------RM
dposse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
Question: I've read the entire 12-volume manga series. I loved it (although the post-L arc wasn't as enjoyable). But a lot of the enjoyment comes from not knowing what's going to happen next. Should I bother to watch the anime? Is it the exact same story, or are there some added twists?

------RM

the ending of the anime is completely different from the manga, or so i've heard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4