• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Nobody's Boy Remi 11-15 (s)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Nooo, I didn't watch the rest yesterday!!!

Still, I can't wait!!!

And Captain Harlock? That's good too!
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally we get decent quality Harlock. Crunchyroll had some of the worst quality I'd ever seen. Harlock is a crazy show though. Harlock left two children alone on a planet to reproduce. Man, the dude is just insane.
Maur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
This isn't a nitpick but since I know this is Justin's baby I'm not sure if he or anyone cares about some of the grammar/spelling errors in the subtitles, such as: seems it can't get the accent in "Rhine" right because it kept coming up as "RhÙne".

Hoping for some news soon on when the player will be fixed, I'm really enjoying this show but not the closing and reopening of my browser for each ep. Confused
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Argh, yeah, the unicode subtitles were a b*tch. I caught most of the spelling and grammar errors from the ImaginAsian scripts (don't get me started on how crap the translation staff was on that project), but I had to encode them so fast I couldn't properly proof everything. I'll try to re-encode that when I get a moment. (It's Rhône, btw.)

The new player should be up very soon, knock on wood.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I had figured it was because Harlock was such an old show
Maur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Argh, yeah, the unicode subtitles were a b*tch. I caught most of the spelling and grammar errors from the ImaginAsian scripts (don't get me started on how crap the translation staff was on that project), but I had to encode them so fast I couldn't properly proof everything. I'll try to re-encode that when I get a moment. (It's Rhône, btw.)

The new player should be up very soon, knock on wood.

Yeah I expected as much, I know you are busting your ass on this, I was just wondering for future reference because I don't want to impose or seem obnoxious.

I'm also glad you mentioned on the podcast the need for there to be some kind of area to draw continual attention to these lost treasures and to kind of insist "this needs to be seen."
jsevakis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I checked a few episodes, and it looks like ep15 was the only one affected by the Unicode issue, so I re-encoded it. Enjoy.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I've wanted to see the original Space Pirate Captain Harlock for so long. I'm a bit confused to be honest; how is Anime News Network getting the rights to show this stuff?
jsevakis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I've wanted to see the original Space Pirate Captain Harlock for so long. I'm a bit confused to be honest; how is Anime News Network getting the rights to show this stuff?

By BEING AWESOME. And by working ourselves into the ground. And because the industry is in tatters and so people are experimenting seriously with streaming anime. You know, the usual.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I like Harlock and I can see it now (unless it geting UK Streaming was a Mistake)

I would like to see Remi but I'm being region blocked.

This leaves me feeling conflicted.
jsevakis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I like Harlock and I can see it now (unless it geting UK Streaming was a Mistake)

It was a mistake. Sorry. You can go back to being angry and resentful now. Confused

If it's any consolation, getting some UK rights is on my priority list.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Okay, how much more depressing does this show get. Does it have a happy ending or does it kick you in gut the whole way through. I'm not saying I dislike the show, but I have a low threshold for tearjerkers.
jsevakis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
Okay, how much more depressing does this show get. Does it have a happy ending or does it kick you in gut the whole way through. I'm not saying I dislike the show, but I have a low threshold for tearjerkers.

It has a spoiler[fully satisfying, happy] ending. That said, the road there is INDESCRIBABLY painful, and honestly, you ain't seen nothin' yet. The episodes in the 20s are just brutal.
Maur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Okay, I checked a few episodes, and it looks like ep15 was the only one affected by the Unicode issue, so I re-encoded it. Enjoy.

Hmmm, that's weird, it's still showing up for me as "RhA ne", maybe it hasn't updated yet? And while those were the only unicode errors I was also referring to instances like after the mid-break when Remi's cleaning the horse and talking about his cow at 16:05 he says "I raised where when I lived in the village."

I'm pretty sure that "where" isn't supposed to be there, but I've noticed several things like this throughout the show and just wondering if I should shut up and keep them to myself. Embarassed
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting the "RhA ne" spelling as well.

I've waited a long time to see Harlock though, and I'm quite grateful!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2