• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Rescue Rangers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see the love for Mushi-shi. It really is a great show to have on DVD, being very well-suited for single-episode and/or repeat viewings just for the prettiness of it.

I'm slightly surprised though that Bamboo didn't include any warning about the effects of watching too much at once. It's been my experience that even 3 episodes at a time mellows me out so much that I'm pretty much useless for anything afterwards. In my house we limit its consumption to one episode only, and only after watching anything else on tap for the evening.
El Oso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quote
That Shelf Life banner is freaking awesome! I soooo want one of those plates!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Alestal wrote:
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
Thanks to the title of this week's column, I now have the opening song of Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers stuck in my head.
I feel so sorry for you!! Its the most annoying song ever! fudge it. Now its in my head...

...And now it's in my head, this has gotta be some kind of secret plot by Bamboo. Heck, the only reference to the show was the title and that's all it took to take over our minds and fill them with Chip and Dale.

All of this love for Mushi-shi has captured my interest. I hadn't picked it up as I have so many other series I'm in the process of picking up and have fallen behind over the summer but all the praise this series is getting is seriously making me consider starting another. I did just finish Ergo Proxy and .... sort of finished Rozen Maiden; as much as Geneon will let me finish anyways. Still behind with Noein and Solty Rei though ..... decisions decisions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Well at least I'm not the only one who gets theme songs and especially J-Pop theme songs stuck in my head.

And damn you for the ducktails, now that one is stuck too...

...in duckberg, race cars, lasers...gah the insanity of it all.
maus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quote
About the shelf obsessed of this week: it's not a very big collection, but I can see you've got a great taste! (I saw three Lord of the Rings books, FMA, Kenshin and of course Star Wars: KOTOR 2! Very Happy )
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why, but I kept waiting for each of those girls to pull out a machine gun, or semi- automatic and start ripping each other up. I just glazed over the song they were singing because of that.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
How much fan service is there in GH. Sounds like something I might wanna check out but I am really not a fanservice fan. Could some one compare it's level to another show?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
How much fan service is there in GH.

It has way too much for me, and I normally don't even mind fanservice. I gave up the show after the first episode because of the completely distracting amount of stupid fanservice. Can't think of another show to compare it to (since I'm not a fanservice expert), but I'll throw UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie out there cause I dropped that one, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
(Disturbing fact about Richard J.: He had a crush on Gadget.)

It is nice to know that I wasn't the only one who had a chrush on her. Wink

Although my favorite opening from that time is still Tale Spin.
daedelus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quote
JHawkNH wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
(Disturbing fact about Richard J.: He had a crush on Gadget.)

It is nice to know that I wasn't the only one who had a chrush on her. Wink

Although my favorite opening from that time is still Tale Spin.

Heh...What male fan of that show didn't have a crush on Gadget? I had completely forgotten about her. Thanks for reminding me guys Smile
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The review for Mave-Chan instantly struck me as something I had already seen, but it's a recent release, so I wonder what show I was thinking of .... hmmmmm.

And then there was Bamboo's review of Mushi-shi ... the nicest way of saying "monster of the week series" I have ever read.

Aromatic Grass wrote:
sabriyahm wrote:
How much fan service is there in GH.

It has way too much for me, and I normally don't even mind fanservice. I gave up the show after the first episode because of the completely distracting amount of stupid fanservice. Can't think of another show to compare it to (since I'm not a fanservice expert), but I'll throw UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie out there cause I dropped that one, too.

Really? ... for some reason I cannot recall all this fanservice folks talk about from the manga (though I'm sure there had to be some.) But definitely the way to go Richard, if they are going to make us read it, then grab the books ... maybe it will encourage them to start releasing them a little faster again.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:

Heh...What male fan of that show didn't have a crush on Gadget? I had completely forgotten about her. Thanks for reminding me guys Smile

Uh, me? It's a mouse.

Then again I always thought Rescue Rangers was dull. Ducktales was where it's at.

But I didn't have a crush on Ms. Beakley, you sickos.
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for this very late replay Anime hyper, names Giovannie Razz and yes that was my collection. I was surprised to see it since I was just emailing an updated photo thinking that those photos never got through.

And if your wondering:

1. DBGT - Got it as a gift Razz

2. Book of Five Rings - Couldn't find it in english and Wal-Mart had a 5 dollar spanish version Anime hyper (I dislike reading in Spanish <_<)

2. The Kenshin Box and the EVA dvd were ordered through Amazon. Oh and all dvd's are R1 like the rest of the US.

Again, sorry for the late post Anime cry but fear not! my collection continues to grow! In fact I don't have space for the dvd's anymore XP
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
daedelus wrote:

Uh, me? It's a mouse.

Then again I always thought Rescue Rangers was dull. Ducktales was where it's at.

But I didn't have a crush on Ms. Beakley, you sickos.

More of a Magica deSpell kinda guy I suppose? Wink
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I really hope I'm not a bother to anyone V_V, I'm actually pretty excited that I was featured but now I feel bad that I didn't respond earlier. Here's my updated shelf:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Seraphim_Alchemist_1626/S7001686.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Seraphim_Alchemist_1626/S7001686.jpg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2