• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - War of the Gems

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No rap numbers about Knuckles and how he doesn't chuckle

Screw you, Knuckle's Rap songs were some of the best in SA:2.

And U.N.K.N.O.W.N From M.E is one of the best songs in the whole series <---FACT
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I had fond memories of Sonic R...[/b]
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
ooooohhhh I wish I wish I wish I WISH I had a PSP...or that Fate/Extra was on the DS instead...the PSP sucks anyways...

How I wish there was only one handheld console and only one home console. Mad
cannonballz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
[quote="Gon*Gon"]ooooohhhh I wish I wish I wish I WISH I had a PSP...or that Fate/Extra was on the DS instead...the PSP sucks anyways...

While it would be cool to play this on DS, the PSP has some good games too! I will get this seeing as I played every US released Imageepoch game (including Arc Rise Fantasia) I'll love this!

On SD GUNDAM CAPSULE FIGHTER : More Gundam is good! I would kill to play SD Gundam G Generation World!

KIRBY'S RETURN TO DREAM LAND : It's about time this came out!

OTOMEDIUS EXCELLENT : Gradius + Mine Yoshizaki art = Awesome-ness! Just got a 360 and im already sick of GTA IV!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to also mention that Sonic Generations will sell for $49.99, $29.99 on the PC. It's a bit amusing that there've been so many people jumping to correct the description for this game or objections to the remarks.

Also, regarding "1-multiplayer," this is based on the description GameStop and Amazon have given. No one really knows where the multiplayer is located though, at least not the general public. So I'm not entirely sure if it's correct or not. Chances are if it's in the game at all, it's a tiny mini-game, a series of races like in Sonic 2 or Sonic Rush Adventure, or the Casno Night pinball.

Seth in Street Fighter 4 was named after Seth Killian? I thought he was named after Set, the Egyptian god.

Also, is knowledge of the opponent's gems withheld until you use them? Because if so, that sounds pretty cool. It'd be a little bit like Pokémon battling in that regard, since Pokémon battling is mostly about what each player hides from the other--a good Pokémon battler only plays his cards when necessary.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I'd like to also mention that Sonic Generations will sell for $49.99, $29.99 on the PC. It's a bit amusing that there've been so many people jumping to correct the description for this game or objections to the remarks.

Also, regarding "1-multiplayer," this is based on the description GameStop and Amazon have given. No one really knows where the multiplayer is located though, at least not the general public. So I'm not entirely sure if it's correct or not. Chances are if it's in the game at all, it's a tiny mini-game, a series of races like in Sonic 2 or Sonic Rush Adventure, or the Casno Night pinball.

Seth in Street Fighter 4 was named after Seth Killian? I thought he was named after Set, the Egyptian god.

Also, is knowledge of the opponent's gems withheld until you use them? Because if so, that sounds pretty cool. It'd be a little bit like Pokémon battling in that regard, since Pokémon battling is mostly about what each player hides from the other--a good Pokémon battler only plays his cards when necessary.

It just doesn't get better than this:

http://gematsu.com/2011/10/sonic-generations-pre-orders-top-franchise-history

97,000 preorders, not bad!!!!!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
In addition, it got an 8.5 out of 10 from IGN, which has become somewhat infamous as of late for being harsh on Sonic when on a non-Nintendo system. It also got an Editors' Choice Award, which I believe is the first time it's happened for Sonic since Sonic Adventure.

So that's how many pre-orders it got? I know it got more orders than any other Sonic game to date, but I couldn't find the numbers. It still doesn't touch the numbers Pokémon or Call of Duty get, but hey, Sonic was never a pre-order series. It sells into the millions without needing large pre-order numbers because it gets its sales legs during and long after release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2