• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix, Best Buy Choose Blu-ray Disc over HD DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
(Though I don't see myself buying a Blu-ray capable player any time soon, baring a sudden windfall of cash and a return of my love of games. I just haven't been playing much lately.)

Well, I guess we know what you are doing with your election-year-pandering-federally-subsidized-refund-anticipation-loan. Then you can join us in making the Xbox-camp happy. (Legend: Xbox camp is the one that says folks buy PS3s for movies not games; HD-DVD camp says everyone buys them only for the games, not movies; Xbox-with-HD-DVD-addon camp sits there with their head spinning until it explodes or says nobody buys such an expensive piece of hardware.)
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Wal-Mart is jumping off the HD-DVD bandwagon as well:

Story from CNN Money
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Not only Wal-Mart. According to the Hollywood Reporter Toshiba might be abandoning it's own format which will indeed mark the end of HD-DVD. I will continue buying their exclusives for now, although the last title I bought was Stardust back in December while my Blu-ray collection continues to grow. I'm also probably going to buy a new fourth generation HD-DVD player (or A35 if there are no more new models) and keep my old A1 as a backup if the format dies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3