• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Jump Anime Tour to Show New Dragon Ball Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
A special, that maybe segues into a new series, yeuh sucka!!
Raoh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
braves wrote:
Captain-Bravo wrote:
It should be another old popular classic like DB and OP.

One Piece is considered "old" and "classic"? It's only 11 years old, I don't think it falls into either category. >.>

Japan tends to go through franchises much faster than we do. For a series to remain popular for even five years is really impressive. OP's popularity has remained at the top of the manga industry for a decade now. That's quite a feat, which only DB has matched (as far as Jump series go anyway.)

Now, as for which series gets the other special, my money's on Fist of the North Star. It's probably the only other Jump series to reach that level of popularity. It could also be Jojo, though, due to its longevity.

True, One Piece is still popular, but saying its the only one to stay such as inaccurate.

Fist of The North Star is still popular, although it's much more popular in Japan than America. The series came out at around the same time DB did, but the only difference is that it (Fist of The North Star) still has major projects being worked on.

Also, because the series already has things being done, I am doubting its the third series to animated.

As for me, I have hopes that the series they chose is Mx0. I have been quite hooked on the manga, and it could make a very interesting anime.
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Oh yeah:

http://www.muhyojo.com/publisher/Syueisya/Weekly-Boys-Jump-0804-21/6.html

There's Ichigo from Bleach and...Gintoki from Gintama?

That's Ichigo for sure, but could that be Seiya from Saint Seiya next to him?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me that Toriyama is involved on some level with said Dragon Ball project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
wow new dragonball about time they did that
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Been waiting for this news since 1996.Since the end of Z,screw GT. Very Happy There have always been rumors about a new DBZ over the years,maybe this one will finally be true.If the animation is anything like the few cinematic pieces Toriyama threw into the handful of dissapointing DBZ games,it will be great.I look forward to this.
Ligene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I not to keen on the idea, but I don't dabble in Shounen that often (Soul Eater is the one of the sole exceptions) so I really don't care. As long as it doesn't become a full fledged season I'm good; I've seen enough DB to last me a lifetime.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
If the animation is anything like the few cinematic pieces Toriyama threw into the handful of dissapointing DBZ games,it will be great.I look forward to this.

Toriyama has zero involvement with any new Dragon Ball animation over the last decade since Dragon Ball GT. He had some supervision over the Super DBZ game, and currently he's working on Dragon Ball Online.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Awesome to hear what I'd probably consider as the one series that's probably done more for me as an anime fan (save Naruto and FMA) get a remake (even if it is just a special Wink ).

Also excited to hear One Piece in that mix as well since it's my 4th favorite shounen series and all (FMA, Naruto, Shaman King are the other 3). One question though. How are they going to do something like this with a series whose current run both anime and manga wise hasn't even finished yet? Confused I mean, I know OP has transcended all kinds of popularity expectations in Japan that makes it already legendary and all, but still..... That's why I don't see it happening for Naruto or Bleach or anything like that, as much as I'd love to see it. Definitely gotta be Fist of the North Star. That might even be a good chance for me to get into the series too. Cool
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
RoseWhip wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Oh yeah:

http://www.muhyojo.com/publisher/Syueisya/Weekly-Boys-Jump-0804-21/6.html

There's Ichigo from Bleach and...Gintoki from Gintama?

That's Ichigo for sure, but could that be Seiya from Saint Seiya next to him?

I don't think so
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Haha, nice catch.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quote
a new special and a live action movie. Dragonball is coming. here's hoping for a good special
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone here sure that Dragon Ball and One Piece are getting new specials by themselves and not another crossover? I wouldn't put it past TOEI to animate Cross Epoch as a special presentation at the next JUMP festa. Besides, this is a crossover that directly involved both Toriyama AND Oda!

There is also a third classic JUMP series getting a new special? Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star are likely candidates but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Kinnikuman considering how that franchise is still popular in Japan.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Son-kun wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
If the animation is anything like the few cinematic pieces Toriyama threw into the handful of dissapointing DBZ games,it will be great.I look forward to this.
Toriyama has zero involvement with any new Dragon Ball animation over the last decade since Dragon Ball GT. He had some supervision over the Super DBZ game, and currently he's working on Dragon Ball Online.
My bad,I stated that wrong.I'm talking about the few bits and pieces of animations(intros and what not),Toei threw into a few of the DBZ games over the years.These are the only new scratches of animation,fans could get. I have yet to check out Studio Pierrot's take on Toriyama's style either.A new DragonBall special (anything) would be fantastic.

Toei's faces are off a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLbi8AS7xE&feature=related
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
ALL RIGHT !!!

NEW EPISODES OF MY FAVOURITE ANIME (and my favourite TV show on the planet) !!!!!

THIS ROCKS!!!!!

Kamehame-Ha !!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3