• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lamenting the absence of the THEM Anime guy.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The guy from Them Anime (www.themanime.org) used to post here before the board was updated to its current format. It sux that he doesn't post here anymore; we always disagreed, but it was usually an interesting, productive disagreement. THEM anime has a message board of its own now, which is probably where he is; I would post to it, but it hacks up so many pop-ups that I can't stand it. Boo hoo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Blargh, just download Opera and use it's built-in pop-up blocker.

Yes, I am a shill. But it is only because I love Opera.

(Now c'mon, Opera guys. GIVE ME MONEY)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:20 pm Reply with quote
"He's not dead yet!" Sorry, gratuitous Monty Python quote. ^^
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:40 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:

Blargh, just download Opera and use it's built-in pop-up blocker.

Just download Mozilla and use it's built-in pop-up blocker.

And Mozilla's free. ;)

As for the THEM Guy: t'was carlos, right? (geez, it's been so long...) I'd like to see the guy who did the rendering work on VeggieTales come back, too. He always had interesting things to say.. can't recall his UserID tho..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I see Carlos often enough, at conventions and so forth. Plus he lives in Phoenix, which is like 2 hours north of me. I'll tell him to return to the board next time I see him.

-Zac
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'd like to see the guy who did the rendering work on VeggieTales come back, too

Veggie Tales? there was a guy on here from Veggie Tales? oh man I love that show. it is the best. to bad he's not here anymore I'de love to get to know him.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:49 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

Quote:
I'd like to see the guy who did the rendering work on VeggieTales come back, too

Veggie Tales? there was a guy on here from Veggie Tales? oh man I love that show. it is the best. to bad he's not here anymore I'de love to get to know him.

*whistles* Whew, that was a LONG time ago. I feel like I'm getting old... even if I'm still a young'un How time flies. What was that, like, 2-3 years ago? I don't even remember his name. Dang, maybe I should track down VT credits, find him, and pester him to come back again. Temp? Z? Anyone remember his name?
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:49 pm Reply with quote
veggie tales is a damn ripoff of what i created man!

actually, it's not quite a rip off cause i used fruits, and they had fun adventures killing this girl i hated. and occasionally the rabbit mafia would show up, do the rock thing...with their hands, and then disappear, or aid in the distruction of that girl. ah memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:58 pm Reply with quote
But Hotaru, was your series faith-based?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:10 pm Reply with quote
and when did you make it?
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:20 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

and when did you make it?

Bah, you're not asking about the history of the webboard here. Bah, lame. :p

(the board, btw, was created on or around October 10th, 1998. It was then upgraded from some lameo-board to dboard around September 23rd, 1999.. then upgraded to phpbb around 1/1/2001. There was a downtime of a few months between dboard and phpbb.)

Geez.... How many of you guys are oldbies?

MiwaSatoshi, LordByronius... i totally forgot that you were oldbies from the old board (nice to see you guys are so well-remembered, eh?)... :p

I've got complete archives of the dboard days, and could probably dig up all sorts of information, given enough time.

(EDIT: In fact, I did dig it up, and his nickname was 'Berge'. I've found his old e-mail address and am e-mailing him.. it didn't bounce back immediately, so I suppose he's still working for Big Idea)
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

(EDIT: In fact, I did dig it up, and his nickname was 'Berge'. I've found his old e-mail address and am e-mailing him.. it didn't bounce back immediately, so I suppose he's still working for Big Idea)

Well then, you should congratulate him on the success his movie has had.

....wait. It *HAS* been successful, right? I know that BoxOfficeMojo is but a bookmark away, but that would require my precious time, which is currently being spent looking at terrible websites intentionally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bah, you're not asking about the history of the webboard here. Bah, lame. :p

no I ment Hotaru "creation"
Cgoten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:

I know how that goes. Very Happy Once me and my friend (back in 1998-99) drew a picture of Fantasia 2000, which was basically a bunch of Dinosaurs killing each other. Then Disney had to come out with their version of Fantasia 2000. I swear they have hidden cameras following me! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

Hotaru wrote:

I know how that goes. :D Once me and my friend (back in 1998-99) drew a picture of Fantasia 2000, which was basically a bunch of Dinosaurs killing each other. Then Disney had to come out with their version of Fantasia 2000. I swear they have hidden cameras following me! :lol:

same thing happened to me. I was thinking how cool it would be if there where a video game where you where a stunt driver, the exact same day I saw a preview on tv for Stuntman on PS2. I always joke about the CIA in my house.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2