• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime on TechTV

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liquid_Ion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:02 am Reply with quote
I dunno if this has already been announced.

Today, TechTV has announced that they will be airing Anime starting this December 30th on a daily basis. The announcement was made at the "The Screen Saver" show on their 'Geek Library' segment. Today's Geek Library, they were talking about the FLCL anime.

Here is the audio clip of the announcement that I recorded:
http://liquid-ion.dyndns.org/animeontechtv.MP3
(note: this will only be available on a limited time)

TechTV Channel is available on Digital Cable/Satellite TV Subscription. TechTV website is http://www.techtv.com. The link of the 'The Screen Savers' show can also be found on the TechTV website.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:52 am Reply with quote
Liquid_Ion wrote:

Here is the audio clip of the announcement that I recorded:
http://liquid-ion.dyndns.org/animeontechtv.MP3
(note: this will only be available on a limited time)

I've made a mirror of it here:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/glp115/animeontechtv.MP3

Thank you very much for the capture. :)

If you're too lazy to download it, here's a quick transcript:
"[inaudible] anime fans, starting December 30th, TechTV is gonna be airing anime on a daily basis. More details on that [inaudible].. "Can't wait for that!" [inaudible] to come. It's not a rumor, it's really true, so don't go anywhere..."

I should also note:
This seems to have been pretty much just a matter of time before it happened, ever since TechTV began airing Thunderbirds. No one I've mentioned it to yet has been even slightly suprised.

PS: Let the speculation begin. What shows do YOU think would be best for an IT-centric channel? (I vote for Lain and .hack//SIGN .. hehe.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:56 am Reply with quote
Anime on TechTV? Too cool. Ten to one they get mecha-centric real-quick. .hack//sign and Lain are both candidates, I'm sure. But I think that Masamune Shirow's works like Dominion Tank Police could slip right in the line-up, too. Heck, I'd vote for putting Steel Angel Kurumi and Hand Maid May in the line-up, just for gits and shiggles.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:34 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:

Anime on TechTV? Too cool. Ten to one they get mecha-centric real-quick. .hack//sign and Lain are both candidates, I'm sure. But I think that Masamune Shirow's works like Dominion Tank Police could slip right in the line-up, too. Heck, I'd vote for putting Steel Angel Kurumi and Hand Maid May in the line-up, just for gits and shiggles.

Heh, actually Hand Maid May came right to mind due to it's technical nature. I'd also go with Dual, Crest of the Stars, Nadesico, Generator Gawl, and Shin Getter Robo for the same reasons, too bad The Anime Network probably has first dibs on a few of those through ADV. Can't argue with you on the Masamune Shirow idea.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah, question. On what station is Tech TV and is in Canada (I remeber someone telling it was in Canada but I can't remember.)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shinji th3 l0s3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:16 pm Reply with quote
anime on techtv is a great idea but ADV's anime network sounds alot better
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:44 pm Reply with quote
shinji th3 l0s3 wrote:

anime on techtv is a great idea but ADV's anime network sounds alot better

Well I should hope so, you're comparing an hour or so block of anime compared to a 24/7 network of anime. Wink

Emerje
Hayame Zero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:49 pm Reply with quote
They're showing commercials now. Crest of the Stars, Betterman, and Serial Experiments Lain.

Will there be an edit list?
Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:28 am Reply with quote
Apparently, they're far more serious about this anime thing than we originally anticipated. Thanks to the Anime on DVD forums, here's the schedule and show listing for TechTV's Anime Unleashed:

Schedule:
New Episodes, Mon.-Fri., 1am-1:30am ET;
Additional Airings, Fri., 11pm-1am ET and 1:30am-3am ET
Format: Half-Hour Series and Movie Specials
Premiere Date: December 30, 2002

Series and Movie Titles
Series: Betterman
Series: Crest of the Stars
Series: Dual!
Series: Serial Experiments Lain
Series: Silent Mobius
Movie: Armitage III Polymatrix
Movie: Ghost in the Shell
Movie: Macross Plus
Movie: Patlabor I
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool beans. I haven't seen Duel since AXN while I was in Korea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Whew. That is a serious line-up. I mean, wow. If you're going to jump into something, I suppose you might as well go head first. I'll definitely be watching, especially since there are series on that list I haven't seen that I really want to.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I was right, they are going to show Dual and Crest of the Stars! I was just pulling titles out of my head (and off my shelf), didn't think they'd actually show them! On the other hand, I can wait a little longer before getting TechTV since I've seen all those titles (or atleast as far as their domestic releases have gotten) Good stuff, great choices, nice variety.

Emerje
Cgoten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I've REALLY gotta get TechTV...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I was reading the press release from Tech and some caught my eyes.
Quote:

This program features not just a style of animation, but explores an entire genre where viewers may find sophisticated science fiction, fantasy adventure, romantic comedies, kidappropriate fare, teen dreams or even adult-only titles.

Hold the phone. Adult-only. Confused Adult-only as in "Adult Swim" or "Something that'll make the censors blush."
nagash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:32 am Reply with quote
Tech TV is a free channel so they can get away with open hentai. That late at night, though, they may try to put on a show with nudity.
It stinks. I work 3rd shift. I won't be home when it's on. I guess I'll have to stock up on VHS tapes.
I think Blue Sub 6 would be great for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3