Blue Exorcist Creator Apologies Following Exhibition Cancellation
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Manga creator Kazue Katō issued an apology following the cancellation of his Blue Exorcist exhibition in Tokyo. The event was scheduled to start on October 22 but the official Jump Square magazine's Twitter and the event's official website announced the event was cancelled on Thursday.
Katō stated, "I'm very sorry for everyone involved in this matter. I'd like to especially apologize to those looking forward to the event."
Jump Square has taken full responsibility for the event's cancellation. The staff wrote on Twitter, "We sincerely apologize to readers who were looking forward to the event. The editorial department had been looking at various projects that would help enliven the 10 anniversary, but we were unable to come up with any plans outside of the original exhibition. After consulting with Katō-sensei, we decided to re-examine the whole anniversary project."
The exhibition would have celebrated the manga's 10th anniversary and displayed more than 200 illustrations alongside exclusive merchandise.
Katō included an update on her Blue Exorcist series in the statement. Katō said that the manga has entered its second half but there is still a "long way to go" before it reaches its conclusion.
"For now, I'll concentrate on the manga and do my best for as long as I can," she said.
Katō launched the manga in Jump SQ. in 2009. The manga has inspired two television anime adaptations, an anime film, several OVAs, novels, and a series of stage plays.