Ace Attorney Anime's Cast, Staff Announced (Updated)
posted on by Karen Ressler
Japanese entertainment news website Oricon briefly listed on Friday the staff and cast for the TV anime adaptation of Capcom's Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) game. The article has since been removed but a cache of the article is still available. The official website for the series listed in Oricon's article is also currently not available.
The cast includes:
- Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan's Eren) as Phoenix Wright/Ryūichi Naruhodō
- Aoi Yuki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica's Madoka) as Maya Fey/Mayoi Ayasato
- Masashi Tamaki as Miles Edgeworth/Reiji Mitsurugi
- Chie Nakamura (Naruto's Sakura) as Mia Fey/Chihiro Ayasato
- Masami Iwasaki (Akame ga Kill!'s Borick) as Dick Gumshoe/Keisuke Itonokogiri
- Tooru Nara (Chihayafuru's Yūsei Nishida) as Larry Butz/Masashi Yahari
Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers, Doraemon films) will direct the series at A-1 Pictures, and Atsuhiro Tomioka (Pokémon XY, Trinity Blood) will handle series composition. Kaoru Wada (Inuyasha, Princess Tutu) is composing the music, and Keiko Ōta (Hyakko) is designing the characters.
The anime will premiere in April and will air on Saturdays on YTV and NTV at 5:30 p.m.
Capcom launched the game series for the Game Boy Advance in Japan in 2001, and then a port for the Nintendo DS shipped in Japan and in the West in 2005. The game and most of its sequels have players play as defense attorney Phoenix Wright as he investigates and defends his clients at trial.
Takashi Miike (Crows Zero, Yatterman, Ichi the Killer) directed a live-action film adaptation of the franchise that opened in Japan in February 2012. The franchise has also spawned several manga series.
[Via Hachima Kikō]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history