Super Lovers Season 2 Reveals Theme Song Artists, January 12 Premiere
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website for the television anime of Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers updated on Sunday with the theme song artists and January 12 premiere date for the second season, Super Lovers 2. The Super Lovers Autumn Festival announced the news earlier in the day.
Yūsuke Yata and the "Kaidō 4 Kyōdai" (The Four Kaidō Brothers) are returning to perform the opening theme song "Hare-Iro Melody" (Sunny-Colored Melody) and ending theme song "Gyun to Love Song," respectively. Junko Minagawa, Tomoaki Maeno, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, and Takuma Terashima voices the "Kaido 4 Kyōdai" group as their characters Ren Kaidō, Haru Kaidō, Aki Kaidō, and Shima Kaidō, respectively.
The new season will premiere on January 12 on the AT-X, Tokyo MX, and Teletama (TV Saitama) channels.
The first season began with a high school boy named Haru and his mother living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another. The second season's story begins with Haru's mother Haruko declaring she will "bring Ren back to Switzerland!"
The cast features:
- Junko Minagawa as Ren Kaidō
- Tomoaki Maeno as Haru Kaidō
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Aki Kaidō
- Takuma Terashima as Shima Kaidō
- Ayumu Murase as Ikuyoshi Sasaki
- Jun Fukushima as Jūzen Kurosaki
- Atsuko Tanaka as Haruko D. Dieckmann
- Yoko Soumi as Mikiko Kashiwagi
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Kiri Kondō
- Mitsuki Saiga as Kiyoka
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Shirō Takamura
- Takuya Satō as Natsuo Shiba
Natsuo Shiba is the second season's new character who is the paternal cousin of the Kaidō siblings. He is known as "Natsu" when he works as a host.
Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie, Log Horizon) is returning to direct the second season at Studio Deen. Yoshiko Nakamura (Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Hakuōki, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) also returns to supervise the series scripts. Miki Takihara (Squid Girl, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Yurikuma Arashi) is back to design the characters, and Nippon Columbia is producing the music again.
The other staff members include:
- Assistant Director: Odahiro Watanabe
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake
- Color Key: Imari Katsuragi
- Director of Photography: Asahiko Koshiyama
- Editor: Masahiro Matsumura
- Sound Director: Shōko Hata
- Sound Effects: Noriko Izumo
- Sound Recording: Daiki Hachimaki
- Sound Production: Dax Production
- Music: Yasuharu Takanashi, Shūji Katayama, Kenji Katō (Team-MAX)
- Production: Super Lovers 2 Production Committee
The final episode of the anime's first season announced in June that the series will get a second season premiering in January 2017. The first anime premiered on April 6, and Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired in Japan.