FuRyu Reveals Bakumatsu TV Anime Premiering This Year
posted on 2018-03-23 22:08 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Japanese game developer FuRyu announced at AnimeJapan on Saturday that its Renai Bakumatsu Kareshi smartphone game is inspiring a television anime series titled Bakumatsu that will premiere this year. The anime will air on TBS and BS-TBS. While the original app focuses on romance, the anime will be a sci-fi action-adventure series.
Masaki Watanabe (Kado: The Right Answer, Bartender) is directing the series at Studio DEEN. Masahiro Yokotani (All Out!!, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club franchise) is handling the series composition, and Hidekazu Shimamura (Clockwork Planet, Nodame Cantabile) is designing the characters based on Natsuki's original designs. MAGES is composing the music.
The show stars: (Note: Characters based on historical Japanese figures are written with last name first.)
- Yūichi Nakamura as Takasugi Shinsaku
- Takuya Eguchi as Katsura Kogorō
- Shinichiro Miki as Sakamoto Ryōma
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Okada Izō
- Toshiyuki Someya as Hijikata Toshizō
- Takuya Satō as Kondō Isami
- Tsubasa Yonaga as Okita Sōji
- Keita Tada as Saitō Hajime
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Tokugawa Shinobu
- Taku Yashiro as Yamazaki Susumu
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as the Emperor
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Seimei
The romance simulation game originally launched on iOS and Android on March 14, 2017.
In the original game's story, the heroine is in Kyoto for sightseeing when she receives a mysterious pocket watch from a man. The heroine wears the watch and passes through a shrine's torii gate, and she is transported to "another" Bakumatsu era 150 years ago during the final years of the Edo period. The heroine must then try to find a way back home to the present.
Source: Animate Times
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history