Live-Action Marmalade Boy Film's Clip Shows Yū & Miki in the Kitchen
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Warner Bros. Japan began streaming a clip from the live-action film of Wataru Yoshizumi's Marmalade Boy manga on Monday. The clip shows Yū (Ryō Yoshizawa) preparing his signature stew for dinner later, and Miki (Hinako Sakurai) admits she is hungry as her stomach rumbles.
The film will open in Japan on Friday.
Previously announced cast members include:
- Ryō Yoshizawa as Yū Matsura
- Hinako Sakurai as Miki Koishikawa
- Shosuke Tanihara as Yōji Matsuura, Yū's biological father
- Miho Nakayama as Chiyako Matsuura, Yū's biological mother
- Rei Dan as Rumi Koishikawa, Miki's biological mother
- Michitaka Tsutsui as Jin Koishikawa, Miki's biological father
- Taiki Satō as Ginta Suō, Yū and Miki's classmate, and a tennis ace who has feelings for Miki
- Mio Yūki as Meiko Akizuki, Miki's close friend.
- Kisetsu Fujiwara as Satoshi Miwa, Yū's upperclassman
- Yasufumi Terawaki as Yoshimitsu Miwa, Satoshi's father
- Niina Endō as Arimi Szuki, Yū's ex-girlfriend
- Terunosuke Takezai as Shin'ichi Namura, an English teacher Meiko falls for
In the story, Miki Koishikawa's parents announce that they are getting a divorce and swapping partners with another couple, who have a son of their own named Yū. The two couples move in together and a romance develops between Miki and Yū.
Yoshizumi published the manga in Shueisha's Ribon magazine from 1992-1995. The North American publisher Tokyopop released the classic romance manga and its 1994-1995 anime adaptation in English. Discotek Media recently picked up the license for the anime and released the second part last November.
In addition to the television anime adaptation, the manga inspired a 1995 anime film and a 2001 live-action Taiwanese television series. An ongoing sequel titled Marmalade Boy Little launched in 2013.
Source: Comic Natalie