• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Merge Mari DANIEL and Maria DANIEL to Marie DANIELLE

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenAlien

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
person#6301
person#49381
person#93247

Mari DANIEL 49381 is 6301 according to http://www.crystalacids.com/database/person/973/marie-danielle/

I have no proof for 93247, but maybe you can find out more^^
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
Someone here has claimed that Marie Danielle is a pseudonym of Sandy Fox (with just "sounds like" and Wikipedia as proof).

I don't have discs to confirm anything for the two Daniels, although I can check Youtube to see if FUNimation have any of the Vampire Bund dub up (but not from here).
Maria Daniel's credits are all from the DVDs, however Mari Daniel's is from the old AoD forums before the move to Mania. In fact, I think before the change of forum software to VB looking at the URL.. which is not in archive.org, at least with those particular query strings, which could change depending on your view settings and how you reached the thread/post etc. It would most likely be from the English Track, but there are no captures from the period when this credit was entered. Actually, we are in luck; the thread in question was not pruned prior to the move to Mania because here it is: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=56548&highlight=Mari+Daniel

Possibly a typo by Chris or possibly, if it is a pseudonym, just a spelling variation in the credits (or again, a typo). It is discussed further in the thread:
"Mari Daniel? Why not 'Marie Danielle'? Ah well, I thought that was a typo when I saw her in the Sugar credits, but I guess not..."
"The dub features a quartet of cute voices as the title characters: Jennifer Sekiguchi, Mia Bradly, and two whose names are new to me but whose voices aren't: Mari Daniel and Vicky Green."

For Marie Danielle... I have access to the dub for Lain, Sol Bianca, Stellvia and Sugar (look at that, all the 'S's). I'm pretty sure that the Lain credits at least just gave a list of names without roles but I can at least check the spelling (again, not where I am right now).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
She is credited as "Mari Daniel" in Sugar consistently IIRC (don't have my DVD's to check at the moment, so going by memory here). Sugar didn't have voice actors credited to roles. Just a list of voice actor names, but I believe they switched out depending on episode or disc, and Kanon is only in two episodes and the special (so process of elimination should work there).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:45 pm Reply with quote
That backs up what was said on AoD about "Mari Daniel" being used for Sugar and Bottle Fairy then. Now I look at who entered the Sugar role under Marie Danielle....

I doubt Maria Danel is related to the others, pseudonym or not, since those two roles are both FUNimation, unlike the others, and there's a significant gap in activity.

--edit--

forgot to add: the whole is Vampire Bund is on Youtube but annoyingly sub-only; I was expecting at least a couple of dubbed taster episodes. The dub episodes on the FUNi site are all EVS only, likewise for Martial Hearts (and hey, I just got that pun).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
So anyway, proof positive of

Marie Danielle for Sol Biana and Stellvia:

Mari Daniel for Sugar:

However for Lain.. the credits only seem to change once per disc, and unless I am blind there is no Mari[e] Daniel[le] there at all. Sandy Fox is credited however:

I'm reminded we never did sort out that Lenore Zann/Selece Zann/Zan mess. The lain credits use both "Lenore Zann" and "Zan", while I'm still convinced that "Selece Zan" is a fiction made by an error in the Rayearth credits or someone'e transcribing of them that spread virally.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

I doubt Maria Danel is related to the others, pseudonym or not, since those two roles are both FUNimation, unlike the others, and there's a significant gap in activity.

Yeah, it's very unlikely Maria Daniel is an alias of Fox (though I do think Mari Daniel is). "Maria Daniel" might be a pseudonym for a VA among FUNi's regular talent pool. She's only listed so far in Dance in the Vampire Bund and Master of Martial Hearts, both titles where some VA's opted to use pseudonyms.
Shiroi Hane wrote:
while I'm still convinced that "Selece Zan" is a fiction made by an error in the Rayearth credits or someone'e transcribing of them that spread virally.

I think so too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1