• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses One Piece Film Gold, Plans Theatrical Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really into the One Piece movies, but I'm happy to see this. Always good to see more One Piece licensing as well as a theatrical release.

I was so worried about One Piece around when I joined this forums, but boy have things turned around. We could have never dreamed of this back then, nor all of the successive season licensings. They're more an "Oh, they got this season, too?" thing now, as opposed to "Are they ever going to get this season? Sad "
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
Nothing in the article says it's a dub screening. I have no doubt FUNimation will dub it, but it might not be done in a satisfactory manner in time.

I'll definitely go see it if there's a screening reasonably close and I can make it there though. When they screened Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection "F", it was at 6 PM at most of the local theaters. My work now ends at 6 PM, so I don't know if I can make it.

Beatdigga wrote:
Considering how much of a flop One Piece is here this seems like a good way to lose money.

Seeing all the Straw Hat Pirates car decals I see everywhere, I think they'll draw in a decent crowd.

Even if they lose money, Toei will be prepared to foot the bill. I think this worldwide campaign is partially a test to gauge One Piece's popularity worldwide by country.
romanmack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Nothing in the article says it's a dub screening. I have no doubt FUNimation will dub it, but it might not be done in a satisfactory manner in time.

I'll definitely go see it if there's a screening reasonably close and I can make it there though. When they screened Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection "F", it was at 6 PM at most of the local theaters. My work now ends at 6 PM, so I don't know if I can make it.

Beatdigga wrote:
Considering how much of a flop One Piece is here this seems like a good way to lose money.

Seeing all the Straw Hat Pirates car decals I see everywhere, I think they'll draw in a decent crowd.

Even if they lose money, Toei will be prepared to foot the bill. I think this worldwide campaign is partially a test to gauge One Piece's popularity worldwide by country.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/onepiecegold/

It'll be dubbed.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:31 am Reply with quote
Wow, then that's an amazing turnaround time. Unless they got the materials before it even came out in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2