• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Grand Order RPG App Gets Feature-Length TV Anime Special

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
that new girl so we might see what happen that creates Shielder?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kpk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Wait, why not ufotable?
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:

....what?
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:03 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
Wait, why not ufotable?
Its not like its the first time a fate serie is done by a different studio.
In 2017 there's Fate/Extra Last Encore done by Shaft !
There's also fate kaleid by Silver Link
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
Are those the new official names or did ann forget to do a bit of research?

Nah, the official names are still Archaman and Lainur and so on.

As demonstrated by "Mashu" and "Kirieraito," some of the characters have more than one "official" Romanizations.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Wow such denial. That was the Fate route and you know it. Them making some anime only changes and not just being 100% faithful doesn't change that. I get that the quality left a lot to be desired, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the Fate route.

Yup, these kids bash on the 2006 Fate route for not being a faithful adaptation, yet they accept all the ufotable filler with open arms. I think most just complain because they want Fate redone with nice visuals lol...
Kuro shinigami

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Wow such denial. That was the Fate route and you know it. Them making some anime only changes and not just being 100% faithful doesn't change that. I get that the quality left a lot to be desired, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the Fate route.

Yup, these kids bash on the 2006 Fate route for not being a faithful adaptation, yet they accept all the ufotable filler with open arms. I think most just complain because they want Fate redone with nice visuals lol...
oops accidentally pressed the wrong button sorry mods you can ignore that. Anyways there are plenty of people who are fate fans but didn't like the UBW adaptation by ufotable, myself included. Don't generalize and act like as in your own words “kids” bash deen, because there are plenty who don't like what ufotable did and no amount of good animation can cover it up. There was a lot to be desired from the adaptation that could have been adapted better, but the only saving grace for me is the songs by aimer and Rin; since they did such a terrible job portraying shirou and his conflict.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 am Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
It sounds like they're adapting just the Fuyuki arc, so I wouldn't bet against that.

Wonder if they'll be doing more specials if this one does well? Each individual arc has a little too much story to make condensing it into a TV series seem that feasible. I've been playing for about a month and only just hit the end of Septem, though the Halloween events can take some of the blame for that.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:
It sounds like they're adapting just the Fuyuki arc, so I wouldn't bet against that.

Wonder if they'll be doing more specials if this one does well? Each individual arc has a little too much story to make condensing it into a TV series seem that feasible. I've been playing for about a month and only just hit the end of Septem, though the Halloween events can take some of the blame for that.

You better hurry up because Babylon's coming out in December.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
Interesting I don't really know anything about the Grand Order game..

Anyone else feeling like the Fate series is getting stale? I'm looking forward to heaven's feel but seriously how many spinoffs can you make of a VN from 2000?

just my .02
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

Anyone else feeling like the Fate series is getting stale? I'm looking forward to heaven's feel but seriously how many spinoffs can you make of a VN from 2000?

just my .02

The fact that you think all of this originated from a "VN from 2000" tells me why you think it's getting stale...
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

just my .02

The fact that you think all of this originated from a "VN from 2000" tells me why you think it's getting stale...

So would you care to elaborate or just leave me in suspense..

lol
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

just my .02

Fate is a successful franchise. I dont think it will die soon. There are other similar franchise but we barely get any new thing. For example, Black Rock Shooter. I dont know why we dont get any more BRS related projects. It have potential like Fate franchise but they wasted the chance.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

just my .02

"Fate" in most spin-offs is pretty much just a 'heroic spirits are in this' disclaimer. It's a setting that you can kinda apply to all kinds of different stories and characters. So no, I wouldn't really feel that way - maybe if all the time we only got the same characters (which I'll admit is an issue at points), but the whole setting is pretty much free to become any kind of story.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
In all honesty what it all boils down to is we need more love for Tsukihime! Anime catgrin

Grand order may change things around enough that this changes my mind.. I dunno
Fate/Extra was the same just in a VR world.. ok so maybe not EXACTLY the same but close enough.

Zero was the same..

I just think the plots become predictable if you use the same formula over and over..

just my .02 cents.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2