• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Most Anticipated Anime of Spring 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Why wasn’t Himitsu no AiPri included in the Spring Trailer Watch Party?

I really would like an answer to this. If it was included, please tell me the timestamp since the comment with the timestamps didn't include it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nipasu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

I really would like an answer to this. If it was included, please tell me the timestamp since the comment with the timestamps didn't include it.

My only guess is because it hasn't been licensed by anybody yet.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am Reply with quote
This is definitely the most stacked season of anime I've ever witnessed since I became an anime fan. Konosuba is my most anticipated because it's hands down the funniest show I've ever seen. So far this is my watch list but I plan on adding several more as Crunchyroll or HiDive announces more additions.

Konosuba 3
Date A Live V
Laid-Back Camp 3
A Condition Called Love
Salad Bowl of Eccentrics
Train to the End of the World
The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Colors
Kaiju No. 8
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
Spice and Wolf: Merchant meets the Wise Wolf
The Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love your Elf Bride
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Haven't yet looked too closely at what's airing (I will next week once FUNimation's website is shut down and I have more time), especially non-sequels, but I'm shocked there's no mention of Date A Live V or Sound! Euphonium 3 in this article, the latter I find very shocking.

IT'S TOHKA TIME!!! Cool
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am Reply with quote
Nipasu wrote:
Saeryen wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

My only guess is because it hasn't been licensed by anybody yet.

That doesn’t make sense, though. In Fall 2023, they watched the trailer for Power of Hope: PreCure Full Bloom even though it hadn’t been licensed yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
What no love for Eupho 3 from the writers?

I know the end result already but it’s still going to make me cry buckets - the trailers already have me welling up. Sunday evening is Eiphon evening

I don't want spoilers, but I hope that there is nothing really tragic happening (e.g., Picnic concert at Crocus City Hall type event, or Southern Airways Flight 932 crash) that would make me regret watching the series.
AQuin1904

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Karasu ha aruji wo erabanai recently shot to the top of my list. Started reading the Yatagarasu series recently, and they're such a fun time. Plus, I always like to see non-LN book adaptations.

I do hope it gets interesting direction, though. Sub-par action animation wouldn't be a deal-breaker, since the few fights in books 1 and 2 aren't standout moments, anyway, but people sitting around talking will need to look dynamic. I think even near-still cuts could carry a lot of it with the right framing.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I’m not especially interested in Karasu, but I will definitely check out the ED because Akiko Shikata is singing it.
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:09 am Reply with quote
I’m glad I’m not the only one excited for spring. There aren’t any gigantic blockbusters this season like we’ve had anchoring the last few, but it’s so loaded with promising-looking smaller-profile stuff, I think I’m gonna end up with an overloaded watch list. The one I am personally most confident about is Train to the End of the World. I am, shall we say, cautiously optimistic about Yuru Camp S3 and Whisper Me a Love Song, given the red flags surrounding their respective productions. And alternatively, I am intrigued by Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night largely because its production value looks incredible. (And wow, has Doga Kobo done some growing up over the past few years to where we can say that about them.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3