• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Body Found with Clothes Resembling Shin-chan Creator's

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote
It's stories like these where the word "prayer" comes in handy. However, outside of these stories, mentioned something using in many religions can be sensitive.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Salsaman1991 wrote:
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
this is sad, if they are his remains, then may he rest in peace with God in heaven *says a prayer*. I'm a Christian, so I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers

If you're a christian, shouldn't you keep him in your prayers regardless of his identity? Whether it is the creator of Shin-chan or not, a family just lost someone.
Which is exactly why we will pray for whoever's soul was within that body, regardless. It is obvious that this area is popular with hikers and hill walkers, but how many of them are missing at the same time at present, to say it could be someone else? Until the "remains " are recovered for forensic examination, it's still an open question.

I'll admit that this is a very sensitive situation. But I don't think we should be picking on people here for how they pray. I don't think it was as though InuNaruPokeAlchemist was insinuating that they wouldn't pray regardless, but either way...

It's a shame. But we all know we're all here because we're fans of a Japanese art form, and so first and foremost, we're concerned about the loss of someone we care about. While either way we lost a human life, we are still concerned that someone we care about is at least missing. I don't think that's wrong.

Either way, I hope the officials are indeed able to identify the remains and get that person back to their loved ones. For the individual we are most concerned about, let us hope for the best, but show respect and care if it turns out to be the worst.

And respect each other in the process, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
Hope it's not a suicide if it is him, Normally if a man with a family (Wife and kids) wants to kill him self. He'll kill him self some where his family won't find the body first. Sad Some people you'll just don't know about.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD, you have an interesting point. Even if isn't him, let the family/friends of whoever it is know as soon as possible.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote
Yes, this is sad news regardless. Karuizawa is a very beautiful town, so I can understand why he would want to go hiking there, but there are a lot of treacherous places.

And let's please not get into a religious debate *again*. That's not the point of this thread.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
wow, hiking problems are never a good way to die.

I hope that his family and friends are ok
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote
Why don't they just do a DNA test already. Then all the mystery will be gone.
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
Hope it's not a suicide if it is him, Normally if a man with a family (Wife and kids) wants to kill him self. He'll kill him self some where his family won't find the body first. Sad Some people you'll just don't know about.

I doubt it....
He probably slipped and fell. He went hiking up a mountain by himself, and he's getting on in years. It's not that hard to believe.

That's what I figured had happened though; it's very unfortunate.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
Wow, the worst possible outcome. His survivors will be in my thoughts.

egoist wrote:

Patience is a virtue, though not on the internet. They just found the body, DNA tests take time. My guess would be that process has already been started.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I dunno. Remains would imply decomposition, and that usually doesn't happen that fast, does it...?

You'll be amazed at what a little sun, a little water, plus the fact that a lot of your internal organs get destroyed by a fall, can accelerate decomposition of the body. Not to mention all sizes of scavengers in the area, from small bugs to medium size cats, canines or rodents.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
I just took a look at the most recent update to the news story. I'm at work so I wasn't able to see the full video that was in the story that ANN linked to, but I could see a screenshot of the location where the body was found. Geez, look at how high it is! Certainly, no one would have just walked down there... they would have fallen.

To be honest, whether it's Shin-chan's creator or someone else, I hope it's an accident. Surely there wouldn't be any foul play involved that far in the middle of nowhere... right?

Argh, I shouldn't be thinking like that...

Oh, and egoist - "Why don't they just do a DNA test already. Then all the mystery will be gone."
I think the most recent update halfway answers that. The report makes it sound like they haven't yet recovered the body. It's probably pretty difficult to get to.

Last edited by MarzGurl on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

egoist wrote:

Patience is a virtue, though not on the internet. They just found the body, DNA tests take time. My guess would be that process has already been started.

Why waste money on DNA when dental records would likely suffice?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

egoist wrote:

most people dont go to the dentist. dentists overcharge too much apparently being the biggest reason for that. This is unlikely but his teeth may have also been lost in the decomposition+elements. Think, if the body is decomposed and it rains and there's mud below the body....lightweight things such as teeth can easily float away. Just saying possibilities.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

If he fell from high and landed on his face, then dental ID may be difficult to impossible. At the least a reconstruction would have to take place, and that might take longer than a DNA test. I believe DNA tests can come out in as little as two days.

Also, although this is doubtful. Known dental records will have to be found to exist. I know in the modern world we think everyone has them, but I can assure you there are people who don't. Especially the older generation. At least not anywhere that is accessible by a police investigation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
This is really sad...I doubt it isn't him, but either way my thoughts and prayers go out to whoever it was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6