• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Evangelion Film No Longer Listed in 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It'll give Anno extra time to get spoiler[Pen Pen] back in the story.

He'd better, damn it.

You see there was an intersequel titled Evangelion 2.5 where Pen Pen is possessed by an Angel and started attacking cities from Japan. NERV created a replica of Unit 01 to be piloted by Misato. As the fight was reaching its climax, Gendo said "lets ruin another relationship" and activates the dummy plug system to force the Unit 01.5 defeat PenPen. PenPen is recovering in a hospital but will never be the same. *sniff* Crying or Very sad
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote
Considering that they'd originally planned to release 3.0 and 4.0 at the same time, I can't help but find this slightly amusing, though considering how many delays 3.0 had I'm not surprised.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote
Apparently they were supposed to be making 3.0 and 4.0 back-to-back, hence why it took so long for them to release 3.0 after 2.0.
Hopefully they can at least get 4.0 out by end of 2013 or early 2014 latest if they actually have delayed the release.
Nebs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Let us also not forget that the fourth movie was originally supposed to come out in 2008, as per the original plans of the Rebuild series:

http://nebs66.livejournal.com/211167.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
_V_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
_V_ wrote:
sainta wrote:
_V_ wrote:
I'm happy, gives us more time to absorb the chaos of Rebuild of Eva 3.0

I thought you already couldn't deal with the first two considering your comments. Rolling Eyes

(dude, I love Rebuild. When I'm trashing the Rei fans or whatever, I'm being *sarcastic* -- I'm just joking around)

HTML actually comes with a bold function, you know.

Call me old-fashioned, but I appreciate the "hands-on" touch you only get with asterisks. It's like using hired goons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It'll give Anno extra time to get spoiler[Pen Pen] back in the story.

He'd better, damn it.

Well to be fair he didn't really play a big part in the show. He just came in for a cameo in a few episodes, and then was completely forgotten about by the second half of the show.
Norbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Honestly who even expected a 2013 release? If you followed the previous films, it took almost 4 years to make 3.0.....I would say give them a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of around 4. I expect it to come near the end of 2014 or summer 2015. There are many questions left to be answered after 3.0 and many characters that need to be addressed spoiler[Like Kaji...did he like die off screen lol?]

So I give you 4 years Anno to make 4.0 godly, answer all the questions and possibly give Shinji a good ending....Bwahahaha nvm, its eva, your on drugs if you think it'll have a happy ending.

I would be pleased if there is a lot of content and Khara decides to break it onto 2 more films---an evangelion 5.0 sounds pretty smexy to me~~

And after all is finished we'll finally see the TV series in HD, slowly but surely.

Smile be nice Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2