• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's Arakawa Starts New Series in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
niiica wrote:
FMA and Major are both really special to me. Looking forward to both Arakawa-sensei and Mitsuda-sensei's new works. Very Happy

Same.

Hero Tales has been one huge failure to me, but thankfully I know Arakawa only provided the art and was not responsible for the story, so I'm confident helming her own series again will restore my faith in her as a one-woman comics creator.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Something else to be looking forward to for April besides Gintama and other interesting looking new shows Very Happy
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
niiica wrote:
FMA and Major are both really special to me. Looking forward to both Arakawa-sensei and Mitsuda-sensei's new works. Very Happy

Same.

Hero Tales has been one huge failure to me, but thankfully I know Arakawa only provided the art and was not responsible for the story, so I'm confident helming her own series again will restore my faith in her as a one-woman comics creator.

Her other work such as Raijin was really good, so I don't think we are going to get something like Nabuhiro Watsuki's career where he couldn't get another hit as good as Rurouni Kenshin.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope it'll do well enough to be brought over here. I'll throw my support behind this new title because FMA was so excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
edinuesca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
YES.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Arakawa's new series won't blow this time. Though, I am wondering why she's not still with Square. Bad falling out? She wants to do a weekly manga, and Square didn't have a weekly magazine?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Maybe Arakawa's new series won't blow this time. Though, I am wondering why she's not still with Square. Bad falling out? She wants to do a weekly manga, and Square didn't have a weekly magazine?

Did FMA blow? Of course I am biased in its favor but it seems like a major success to me.

I would be very surprised if Square Enix did not want to keep her considering FMA was one of their top manga properties. Perhaps Shounen Sunday just gave her a better offer. It seems more likely than a falling out. Shounen Sunday apparently has the weakest circulation out of the weeklies so I am sure getting Arakawa was a big deal to them.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Considering that FMA was the second most popular manga in Japan by the end than the most likely reason is that Shonen Sunday just gave her a better offer because Shonen Sunday hasn't had a major hit in years.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I am excited to see what she has in store for us now that FMA is over.

I've been wanting checking out Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales yet not very many people have mentioned it so I'm wondering if its any good. It sounds interesting and I plan to a blind buy of the anime series when its available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
population_tire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I am excited to see what she has in store for us now that FMA is over.

I've been wanting checking out Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales yet not very many people have mentioned it so I'm wondering if its any good. It sounds interesting and I plan to a blind buy of the anime series when its available.
I only own the first volume of the manga but it's not bad so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2