• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Goes On Demand

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
mmangelly wrote:
I just want to watch Shaman King on dvd. Why is it that 4Kids felt the need to license one of my favorite shows? I bet Shaman King won't even be on this 4Kids on Demand. I've even given up on Uncut Shaman King dvds at this point I just want to watch Saman King.
shaman king is going to be in the action part of 4kids on demand but i want dvd's uncut or not i'm thinking of just buying the bootleg boxset's since 4kids proberly wont do uncut or even dub dvd's releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
mmangelly wrote:
I just want to watch Shaman King on dvd. Why is it that 4Kids felt the need to license one of my favorite shows? I bet Shaman King won't even be on this 4Kids on Demand. I've even given up on Uncut Shaman King dvds at this point I just want to watch Saman King.
shaman king is going to be in the action part of 4kids on demand but i want dvd's uncut or not i'm thinking of just buying the bootleg boxset's since 4kids proberly wont do uncut or even dub dvd's releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaveJS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone actually gonna pay for this thing? Honestly, it's a waste.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I can see that lot of people dopn't have On Demand from Comcast... No really, most of the stuff is free, I know this becuase I have Comcast... and I doubt that you'll have to pay for 4kids... if it's not it's proof that 4kids are greedy whores...
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
So Shaman King and Mew Mew Power are "anime" now? Huh. I always thought they were American-made cartoons that happened to have Japanese comics of similar names and ideas Very Happy

Though it's amusing that 4Kids recognizes only the two shows that have had more success with the "otaku" market as anime. Notice how while Sonic X, Yu-Gi-Oh! (which is undeniably Japanese), and Kirby are all on the forefront of the "action" block, while Shaman and Mew Mew are off cutting themselves in the lonely anime corner.
tidusora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, why does everyone think you'll have to pay for this on Demand 4 kids? Most likely, it'll end up in the Kids Section, as the newest section in it.

That puts 5 on Demand channels that have anime:
Anime Selects
The Anime Network
Adult Swim
Cartoon Network
4kids

(Notice how, I don't say, G4. They no longer have anime in their programming, on demand and channel. They used to have Gungrave.)
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anime Selects
The Anime Network
Adult Swim
Cartoon Network
4kids

Technically Cartoon Netwrok and Adult Swim are the same channel. There's also the Funimation channel. I think there may be more, but I don't have fancy-pants On Demand TV so I don't pay much attention to these things.
Crawly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
tidusora wrote:
Well, why does everyone think you'll have to pay for this on Demand 4 kids? Most likely, it'll end up in the Kids Section, as the newest section in it.

I was wondering that myself. Nothing in the press release said this was going to be PPV. Or do most people here really just not have any experience with Comcast VOD?

Quote:

I wouldn't go so far as to add this to channels carrying anime. The original source video material may have been anime, but the finished product is purely American trash.
Mozilla
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
There was actually a demand for this?
Dark Chi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
4Kids thinks so. Confused
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:13 am Reply with quote
tidusora wrote:

Anime Selects
The Anime Network
Adult Swim
Cartoon Network
4kids

(Notice how, I don't say, G4. They no longer have anime in their programming, on demand and channel. They used to have Gungrave.)

Why not add FUNimation Channle on your list. It shows most anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
you all do relize that after they start off with their crappy dubs they will also have avalible their equally as lame if not worse hand made shows, shows like the crap twins or kirby right back up yours shows like that so beware
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
you all do relize that after they start off with their crappy dubs they will also have avalible their equally as lame if not worse hand made shows, shows like the crap twins or kirby right back up yours shows like that so beware

Your post kinda reminds me of a flash that I enjoyed on deviantART that made fun of all of 4kids's doings. "Kirby right back up yours" sounds kinda funny. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:

Kirby is an Anime/dubbed, retard.
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Your post kinda reminds me of a flash that I enjoyed on deviantART that made fun of all of 4kids's doings. "Kirby right back up yours" sounds kinda funny. Laughing[/quote]

ya the one called "One Piece of crap" i love that video it was funny, and it's were i got it from, sort of, actually if you found that funny you should see the comic made by vg cats about 4kids ya enjoy people
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3