• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Singer Angela Aki to Go on Indefinite Hiatus in 2014 to Study in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I know barely any of her work, but there's a Little Busters AMV that uses Tashika ni that is just wonderful. I'll have to seek out more of her work because her voice in that song is beautiful. I wish her good luck in her studied abroad and much happiness with her family.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
brucepuppy wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
It's understandable for her, about J-pop, yeah well I wish it would expand outside of Japan and Asia more, I mean I don't want it falling behind when K-pop is currently the dominant Asian pop music.

LOL please don't. The world is not ready to accept Japan music industry where seiyuus with horrible singing voice release a bunch of singles & albums just because their anime is popular.

I don't like kpop either though. not every good singer must dance along his/her music

Well that's the problem with today's music, lack of choreographed dance. I can't find western singers that have talent or can match with K-pop artists. We don't need seiyu to make J-pop popular. I just want AKB48 to become Japan's Girls Generation, EXILE to become Japan's Super Junior, KAT-TUN to become Japan's SS501, and Arashi to become Japan's TVXQ!!! I want more Japan solo artists like Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Koda Kumi to get more global exposure like many of our K-pop artists are getting. That's what I want, those J-pop artists to be able to get a global breakout. Taiwan is going to try this for Taiwanese pop the same way South Korea did for K-pop, I don't want Japan to fall behind. There are other talented singers out there that are better then western singers. Beside, Asian singers are rare in US, don't you think it's about time US should get more Asian singers, that's why I'm glad K-pop is rocking the world.

Now back on topic: I respect Angela Aki's wish to take a break from singing.

I think you need to have some English speaking member for globalization.AKB48 is super popular in Asia just behind girls generation. Arashi is the most popular male group in Asia.
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
"Kokuhaku" is like, the best song ever.

She also does a Japanese killer cover of "Kiss from a rose."

The funny thing is that I have been waiting for her to release a "best" album for like two years now.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
brucepuppy wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
It's understandable for her, about J-pop, yeah well I wish it would expand outside of Japan and Asia more, I mean I don't want it falling behind when K-pop is currently the dominant Asian pop music.

LOL please don't. The world is not ready to accept Japan music industry where seiyuus with horrible singing voice release a bunch of singles & albums just because their anime is popular.

I don't like kpop either though. not every good singer must dance along his/her music

Well that's the problem with today's music, lack of choreographed dance. I can't find western singers that have talent or can match with K-pop artists. We don't need seiyu to make J-pop popular. I just want AKB48 to become Japan's Girls Generation, EXILE to become Japan's Super Junior, KAT-TUN to become Japan's SS501, and Arashi to become Japan's TVXQ!!! I want more Japan solo artists like Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Koda Kumi to get more global exposure like many of our K-pop artists are getting. That's what I want, those J-pop artists to be able to get a global breakout. Taiwan is going to try this for Taiwanese pop the same way South Korea did for K-pop, I don't want Japan to fall behind. There are other talented singers out there that are better then western singers. Beside, Asian singers are rare in US, don't you think it's about time US should get more Asian singers, that's why I'm glad K-pop is rocking the world.

Now back on topic: I respect Angela Aki's wish to take a break from singing.

I think you need to have some English speaking member for globalization.AKB48 is super popular in Asia just behind girls generation. Arashi is the most popular male group in Asia.

This is the last time I'll respond on this topic since I don't want to derail this topic, AKB48 and Arashi used to be popular in Asia, that title is now belong to K-pop groups like Girls Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, EXO, TVXQ. As a matter of fact, both Arashi and AKB48 hasn't performed outside of Japan for the last few years. Arashi has fans in Peru, yet they never came down to perform, K-pop group like Super Junior, JYJ, and U-KISS did that, no J-pop group has ever performed in Peru or any Latin American countries, K-pop did that. AKB48 never had a true world tour unlike Girls Generation. I never seen AKB48 perform in Australia when Girls Generation did that. Girls Generation won the YTMA, where AKB48 has never won something that gain them world recognition. Girls Generation sang in Korean, English, Japanese, and just recently Chinese. I never seen AKB48 singing in other languages other then English and Japanese.

So if AKB48 and Arashi want to get more recognition, they not only have to sing in English, I want to hear both of them sing in Korean and Chinese to prove J-pop can be as talented and can compete with K-pop on a global scale. That's why I want AKB48 and Arashi to enter Korea and sign up with SM Entertainment, SM can turn both of them into global superstars. AKB48 and Arashi can participate in SMTown Live World Tour, they can be the first J-pop groups to be part of a K-pop concerts meaning they can get more global exposure. SM can help them not only do Korean-language album, but also Chinese-language album. So for globalization, it's not only English, but they have to know how to sing in other languages (Korean, and Chinese). Having both AKB48 and Arashi sing in Korean and Chinese will make them more talented.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Adamb15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:43 am Reply with quote
Holy shit a GWU mention.
Sweeeeeet
joisu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:20 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Angela Aki's song in Blood+ titled "This Love" and her version of Seal's "Kiss from a Rose".

I support her in her decision to study and make more awesome music. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2