• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood+ on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alifemde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Sweet I heard mixed things about the show, but I am a big fan of any anime with vampires in it and this sounded interesting. Anyone like to comment on how this ranks against Trinity Blood??

Trinity Blood is much better. Better atmosphere, characters and plot.... imho at least Wink

\loves the vampire shows too
\\at least the GOOD ones
\\\loathes the bad ones
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Cool, this is a pretty good show to be on AS and i hope they DO get Ergo Proxy on there too because that is just wrong to not have it on there
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
RadicalHaruko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't get into Trinity Blood! On the other hand, I love Blood+... I'm pretty excited for the dub, too... Crispin Freeman as Hagi and Van Argeno... perfection. It'll be a great addition to AS. This show is really worth checking out if you haven't seen any of it yet.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
A VA's resume alone is not enough for us to post a news item like that.

It however is enough to cause us to look into the matter, make a few phone calls, and find out the truth. This is what happened this time, we saw that two voice actors had listed the show as being on CN/AS, so we made phone calls.

One person, who was rather surprised that we knew about it, did indeed confirm it, but made no official statement, but also made no request that we keep it secret.

Blood+ will be on Cartoon Network ([as] I think, but I'm not certain).

When we don't list a source, it's because our source doesn't want to be listed but we have more than enough faith in them to take the risk.

For example, if a Geneon Employee were to tell us that a Geneon Show was going to be on [as], but not to put their name in any report about it (because the broadcaster is supposed to have the exclusive rights to make any such annoucement), then we'd have no problem posting the article without a source.

If we can, we always prefer to list a source...

-t

Thanks for looking into it! And thanks to flchick for brining it to everyones attention.

As for Toon Zone reporting it as well - I haven't been over there today to see what's up on that. However, I have a good idea where they get some of their "inside" information (the Turner company email list*)so this is shaping up to be a soild news item.

As for the .hack//ROOTS news - no I've not seen that here but the reported schedule change isn't showing up on TitanTV yet. Hopefully someone at CN will get around to saying something about that before it airs or better yet get the online TV guides updated to reflect it (I could seriously rant about CN and it's strange programming but I won't Wink ).

On the "how does Blood+ rate against Trinity Blood' question - well they're both about vampires? Laughing. Honestly, they are two wildly different takes on the subject. Personally, I thought Blood+ went on longer than it should have and overall I like Trinity Blood was better overall. However, I also think how everyone else will feel about that will vary widely mattering on what they like in vampire stories.

Still, neither are Hellsing, so don't expect Blood+ to be similar to that show any more than Trinity Blood isn't like it.

*For those who don't know about this sort of thing - most major media companies have email lists that are specifically set up for passing around news to their employees and industry types (people in the advertising field, cable operators, and others with similar jobs in the field). These lists aren't suppose to be open to the general public but those who really want to get on to these lists can usually find a way but most realize it's a privilege to be on the lists and are careful what they pass on to others off the lists .
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Blood+ was decidedly average; not bad but not great. Compared to the Blood: The Last Vampire film though, it was a huge disapointment.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Blood+ on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim

fixed because I don't see how it would be on Toonami. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Last edited by Riyousha on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RezSav

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Quite frankly, I'm not surprised about this announcement, either. I hope there'll be an announcement involving a DVD release in the near future, though.

I don't think anyone was. Rumours have been going around before it was learned that AS aquired Bleach!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Oh wait...Vampires? No thanks; too bad AS is getting another one of these shows. Hated Witch Hunter Robin. Currently disliking Trinity Blood. Saw the first three episodes of Hellsing and had no desire to see any more. I've never seen an anime with vampires that I liked, so I don't expect this one to be any different. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Yay! Oh wait...Vampires? No thanks; too bad AS is getting another one of these shows. Hated Witch Hunter Robin. Currently disliking Trinity Blood. Saw the first three episodes of Hellsing and had no desire to see any more. I've never seen an anime with vampires that I liked, so I don't expect this one to be any different. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

I thought Witch Hunter Robin was ok,But not the Best I've seen, Never got into Hellsing, And I think Trinity Blood is pretty good So far.

But anyway on Topic, It's good to know that Adult Swim is getting more good Anime, I'm looking forward to the Dub Blood +

Maybe if we're lucky, maybe we'll get Busou Renkin or D-Gray-man here in the states.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
Maybe if we're lucky, maybe we'll get Busou Renkin or D-Gray-man here in the states.

The Busou Renkin preview in Shonen Jump magazine didn't seem too original, and therefore interesting, to me, and D.Gray-man even less so. Between the two, I'd prefer Busou Renkin, because all I could think about when reading the D.Gray-man preview was "Fullmetal Alchemist"-clone.
DaveJS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:

The Busou Renkin preview in Shonen Jump magazine didn't seem too original, and therefore interesting, to me, and D.Gray-man even less so. Between the two, I'd prefer Busou Renkin, because all I could think about when reading the D.Gray-man preview was "Fullmetal Alchemist"-clone.
D.Gray-man gets better over time. I thoguht the same thing; Allen=Ed and such, but it becomes very different later on.

Anyways, Blood+ IMO is better than TB and WHR (which I still like a lot). Sure it's slow in the beg., but it gets much better as time goes on.

With IY over, TB ending in Feb., and E7 ending before Sept., AS only has Bleach (I'm not forgetting anything, right?). So, they could use some new anime and somewhow I can see Ergo Proxy and Blood+ airing along side Bleach.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Blood+ on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim

Riyousha wrote:
fixed because I don't see how it would be on Cartoon Network. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Adult Swim is part of Cartoon Network in every way & form except for ratings purposes.

If it's on [as] it's on Cartoon Network.

I believe you should be saying "I don't see how it could be on Toonami."

-t
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome! I saw the first two episodes; and instantly fell in love with it.
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
AOD also said there'd be a Bebop 2. :roll:

I've searched through my news archives but I can't seem to find this. When did we mention that?
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Chris: I could swear it was around the time the movie was released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4