• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sekai Project Plans to Release 1st GATE Manga Volume in 2nd Quarter 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
stevek504 wrote:
Does anyone know if six months from announcement to pre-orders is a normal length of time? I would hate for them to miss the boat on this one.

Well, from a bit of info I've seen on SevenSeas' twitter account...they have to give their printers and retailers (I think) about a year's "heads up" on their releases. And, a lot of the time, I've seen stuff up for pre-order on BookDepository almost a year ahead of their release.

Looking at my pre-order wishlist on BD, I can pre-order My Monster Secret volume 3. Which is listed as being 184 days away from release. Horimiya volume 2 has the same amount of days. Then there's Komomo's Confiserie volume 5 at 233 days.

I don't usually pre-order stuff when they're 6 months away, but they're there to be pre-ordered if you want.
blackice85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
I've heard that too, they have to license the volumes like a year in advance or something, it's a real pain if you're waiting on the next volumes and a publisher was behind.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Nope, I don't agree and I don't think greed is the word for it. Japan was invaded in an act of war. Civilians were killed in the streets and structures were destroyed. They have every right to a counterstrike and to be able to claim the empire's resources in exchange for their losses. They'll certainly continue to keep gathering their resources they've also been doing humanitarian work so as far as I'm concerned they haven't done anything wrong. The other countries have absolutely no reason to be on the other side and are willing to go so far as to covertly invade Japan and would likely just steamroll over the empire in an all out invasion. It's an unfair and unrealistic depiction of other countries while Japan is shown as the benevolent ones.

Doing something for the purest of intentions would mean they are doing an act of good not fueled whatsoever by a desire to receive something in return. However, Japan does want something. That isn't the purest of intentions.

I agree that their counter attack and a desire for war reparations are extremely reasonable, but economic and political dominance of the other side of the gate can't be anything but greed. That is precisely what the Japanese bureaucrats are trying to do now. So yes, they may be doing humanitarian work, but they're also exploiting the political scene on the other side of the gate for political power.

Also a country with only the purest of intentions wouldn't incite conflict by needlessly locking out everyone else. They would form a coalition to improve the lives of those beyond the gate.

You're reaching with your claim that other countries would just steam roll the gate countries with an all out invasion. China is the only one that has mentioned something like that with their colonization plan. There is no indication that the US or even Russia would do that. I mean both the US and Russia are certainly as greedy as Japan and want to exploit the other side for profit, but there is nothing even remotely close to suggesting they would do a full invasion.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
blackice85 wrote:
I've heard that too, they have to license the volumes like a year in advance or something, it's a real pain if you're waiting on the next volumes and a publisher was behind.

Haha, personally, I don't ever noticed when a manga I'm buying has fallen behind schedule. Most seem to make the 3-4 month between release mark.

The only times where there have been delays I've noticed...it's due to the publisher catching up to the Japanese release, and the Japanese release saw delays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2