• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 5 PS4/PS3 Game's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
In 2016 with the storage of bluray disks, there really is no reason to not include the Japanese audio.
who cares? just enjoy the game
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
In 2016 with the storage of bluray disks, there really is no reason to not include the Japanese audio.

Well, in 2016 with all the technology and opportunities at ones disposal, there really is no reason not to learn the Japanese language and import a copy. Razz

But well, this is about money, and Japanese VA, especially high celebrity status ones, costs more in royalties than it would take to redub it with English VA.

I believe Answerman had a good detailed summary of it. Also there's Japanese concerns about all that reverse-importation etc.
Kamui97

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
At this point, my plan is to play through the English version, then import a Japanese version and play it with the original audio. If there's one game that's worth doing that for, it's this game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
English dub only? Guess I'll play Persona 5 the same I did Persona 4, waiting for an emulator to play the 'undub' version.

......Is this a joke? The game is on PS3 and PS4 and as I know they're aren't really any emulators of either system at least not any viable ones..

Kamui97 wrote:
At this point, my plan is to play through the English version, then import a Japanese version and play it with the original audio. If there's one game that's worth doing that for, it's this game.

Better hope they don't come out with a newer version of the game like they did with 3 and 4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2