• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Fall 2021 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm Reply with quote
No Night Beyond the Tricornered Window or Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu but that's okay. The first one would get bashed anyways and there isn't a lot to say about the second one aside the "it was funny, I laughed, the end". The one I'm looking forward to the most is Platinum End, since I've read the manga and I know that it would be a lot fun to read how someone reacts to it.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Kirki wrote:
No Night Beyond the Tricornered Window...

It's there, I'm covering it!

Saeryen, I volunteer for them every time, so I'm sad too. I'll keep giving PreCure the 12 episode reviews and I'm planning to do that for PriMagi as well, caring for my mother permitting.
babajones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Sad that Dragon Quest won't get reviews !!!

How much votes it got ??
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to following the reviews for: Heike story, Blue period and Ranking of Kings

Restaurant to another world s2 was a surprise
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, everything I voted for made it but considering I only voted for a few (and mainly just wanted Heike and Ranking of Kings to get in), I'm more surprised at what else made it beyond those and popular picks.

Like really people.... we need weekly reviews for Fruit of Evolution? Confused

Although speaking of Heike, I wonder how the reviews will catch-up considering its already like five episodes in. Normally I feel it would be a good idea to just do a summary review like most people do for Ep 1 + 2 after preview guide. But Heike is pretty dense in its scope and storytelling (looking up a family tree helped me immensely haha) and I think it would be tough to cover everything, much less elaborate on the points the reviewer would want to focus on, in a single summary review.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad to see Trincorner Window getting reviews, I was worried that the preview reviews being mainly negative would turn a lot of people off when imo it wasn't as bad as a lot of them made it out to be (hardly an insult to the original manga)
kurichan69

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Since Rebecca will review Yashahime season 2 instead James, will she review strictly and be harsh on Yashahime season 2 like James?

James's reviews of Yashahime kept me entertained long after I had dropped the series. I will miss reading them but I think for his sake I'm glad someone else is covering that show.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Saeryen, I volunteer for them every time, so I'm sad too. I'll keep giving PreCure the 12 episode reviews and I'm planning to do that for PriMagi as well, caring for my mother permitting.

Thanks so much! And it’s okay if you have to prioritize caring for your mother, the health of yourself and your loved ones always comes first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Everything I wanted got in except The Vampire Dies in No Time which is a shame since it's my favorite of the season so far.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Can't help but wonder if Yashahime was picked up because of a deal with funi but its still probably got enough pull based on name alone to get voted in. I still find it hilarious that they paid for it to be at the top of the preview guide, only for all review of it to be below average. Laughing

Haven't followed the Bebop LA things too much, isn't it Netflix, ie will be release all at once rather than weekly? Same for super crook?

Surprised Platinum end was picked up, future diary 2.0 (or should I say 0.5?) review incoming?

Lots of stuff being covered, it's crazy how big anime has expanded in the last 10 year (ish?) since the weekly review started.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Most of what I voted for got in - I'm especially glad about Faraday Paladin, it was a title that wasn't on my list and it surprised me how much it holds up.

I'm sad neither Selection Project nor Let's Make a Mug Too 2 made the cut: they're criminally overlooked but given that people on this site are generally averse to idol and slice of life shows, I'm not entirely surprised.

EDIT: Also Aquatope got in as well, nice Smile

Last edited by tfwnoymir on Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Since Rebecca will review Yashahime season 2 instead James, will she review strictly and be harsh on Yashahime season 2 like James?

Also keep in mind that far from everyone thought Yashahime was a trash series. While the series had its problems and it wasn't by any means great, I didn't find it to be the disaster that some made it out to be. Hence I welcome a new reviewer perspective on the series, even if it does also end up being negative.

For those bringing up Selection Project, keep in mind that Idoly Pride (which it seems to be borrowing heavily from) didn't get episode reviews earlier this year, either, and the hook for this one isn't as compelling. It was a long shot to earn episode reviews.

In the broader picture, I am also quite surprised that Fruit of Evolution made the cut and disappointed but not surprised that Taisho Otome Fairy Tale didn't. (Hopefully someone will give that one a season-end review.) Everything else I supported made the cut, as expected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

For those bringing up Selection Project, keep in mind that Idoly Pride (which it seems to be borrowing heavily from) didn't get episode reviews earlier this year, either, and the hook for this one isn't as compelling. It was a long shot to earn episode reviews.

I thought so too, I'm just grumbling to myself. Sorry about that.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:15 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Can't help but wonder if Yashahime was picked up because of a deal with funi

Please don't entertain this idea. We do not offer any companies the option to "buy" Daily Streaming review coverage. It is 100% dictated by the poll and editorial decisions.

I actually had a Japanese company contact me a few seasons ago asking for Daily Streaming review coverage for their show. It did not rank high enough in the poll and I had to explain that to them.

In the case of Yashahime, the demand/interest is obvious just by looking at the episode rankings, both the number of stars given and how many people voted to begin with. The show is popular.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I’m so excited for Rebecca’s Heike reviews! It’s very hard to keep track of the plot points and characters without knowledge of the story, and she’s read the literary translation.

I’m also excited for her Yashahime reviews. I voted for it hoping a new reviewer would be assigned to it because I genuinely like aspects of it. It may not be a great show, but a reviewer doesn’t need to regard it as some form of torture readers are forcing him to watch...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4